Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2014 Leaf for seven months and it occasionally beeps, at first I thought it was the touch screen being randomly activated and turned off the beep feedback on the screen. This didn't make any difference and occasionally I get a single beep (it sounds like the warning beep) and other times it might beep several times in a journey, but the other night it started going beep-beep and carried on for the five minutes it took to get home. Once I got home and switched it off and on again the beeping stopped.

Anyone else encountered this?

Regards,
TH.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I get a lot of 'single beeps' at this time of the year, in my case it's the temperature warning. Every time it drops to 3 degrees C it beeps regardless of whether it did it a minute ago. It's annoying and unnecessary. I only get constant beeping when it suddenly decides the key is no longer in the car but that shouldn't happen while driving.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
I also get a beep in my Ioniq from the low-temperature warning feature. Annoyingly at 4 C rather than a real ice warning. Not sure what would happen if the temperature went up a bit and then back down to 4C. Would it once again beep? Like a thermostat hovering either side of a set point. Or would it beep just the once until the car was switched off before deciding to again warn of low temperature when switched back on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get a lot of 'single beeps' at this time of the year, in my case it's the temperature warning. Every time it drops to 3 degrees C it beeps regardless of whether it did it a minute ago. It's annoying and unnecessary. I only get constant beeping when it suddenly decides the key is no longer in the car but that shouldn't happen while driving.
I'll pay more attention next time, "Low Temperature Warning" is usually accompanied by a snowflake on the dashboard display. I have however had a couple of "key not detected" events recently which have just involved wafting the key at the dashboard. My Wife had a "replace key battery" warning and I put in a new one, but she only drives occasionally.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Did you put a parcel or bag on the front passenger seat? There is a weight sensor in the seat which (combined with a sensor in the seat belt fastener) which means that if you put a heavy bag on the front passenger seat, the car warns you that the front 'passenger' has not done up their seat belt.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There should be something somewhere explaining what the alarm is for. Any alarm without an explanatory indicator sounds more like a fault. Any orange or red indicators on the dashboard? Anything flashing?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
There should be something somewhere explaining what the alarm is for. Any alarm without an explanatory indicator sounds more like a fault. Any orange or red indicators on the dashboard? Anything flashing?
I sometimes get a warning beep accompanied by a green icon that looks like a car with forward sensors. I take it to mean that the forward camera or radar is temporarily impaired (but why would it be green, if that were the case?), but it clears almost before I can move my eyes towards the icon. I can't find anything in the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts