Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The first all-new 2014 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive has rolled off the assembly line in Germany.

Mercedes-Benz is ready to take on the BMW i3 and the Nissan Leaf with the all-new B-Class Electric Drive. The all-electric new compact car is now being produced by Mercedes at their German factory in Rastatt. Mercedes says the B-Class Electric Drive will be offered first here in the U.S. this summer, and then will make it to German and select European showrooms later in the year."

http://www.torquenews.com/1084/2014-mercedes-b-class-electric-drive-bmw-i3-leaf-killer-ready-launch

image.jpg

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
I'm not so sure... "low $40k range", no mention of rapid-charge capability and no UK availability until 2015 at earliest. Not convinced this will kill the i3 or Leaf!

·
Banned
558 Posts
Senior salesman at our local Merc indicated that we know more about the B-Class E as he did. I looks like another low volume 'place holder' to show that Merc can compete - if/when the market begins to move. What can we be sure about: premium price, a long waiting list, range that matches the opposition (no more) and limited flexibility due to minimal investment in CCS infrastructure. As a Merc owner, I was interested - but ended up uninspired!
Tesla-E should offer a much more attractive package - like most good things its 'domani'!

Reactions: Paul
1 - 4 of 4 Posts