Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tesla Model S P85D Insane Mode - Free Supercharging, High Spec!
Miles: 58,670
Price: £44,995
20190524_154516.jpg

A very high spec Tesla has just arrived and is being prepped.

This time with the Performance package and Insane Mode.

This P85D is one of the fastest accelerating production cars in the world and is such an incredible vehicle to drive. This car has the dual larger motors providing all wheel drive traction in all conditions. The 85kWh battery provides massive range and the free supercharger network means that anywhere in the UK and Europe is within easy reach.

This car looks magnificent with it’s Titanium Metallic paintwork and upgraded 21″ wheels with Tesla red calipers.

Inside, the car has the optional Next Generation seats in Full Grey Leather which is quite a rare colour, Premium Interior and lighting with the Obeche Gloss Wood Decor, Black alcantara headliner, the all glass panoramic sunroof, Ultra High Fidelity sound system, Subzero weather package and lastly Autopilot hardware and software enabled.

The car sits on the optional Smart air suspension, making the ride that much smoother over bumps but also gives you the ability to raise the car up if you live on a hill.

This car really is fully loaded with extras at an amazing price, you simply won’t find something with this much value for money.

It’s still covered by Tesla CPO Warranty until July 2020 / 64,838 Miles (which ever comes first)

Drive-train and battery is under warranty until 05/08/2023 with infinite mileage.

It really is a superb vehicle and we can’t wait to make some viewing appointments. Please do get in contact with any questions

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the full listing is now live on our website/autotrader if you'd like to see the full photos.

Any questions, please get in touch.

Best wishes
Chris

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The Allianz warranty can't be bought after the original 50k or 4 years.

Extended Warranty Insurance by Allianz

Unless a car under a current Tesla used warranty under the 6 years of age and 100k can be extended?

It's a bit confusing.
The text on the Alliance site is quite clear they will not cover a car that has exceeded 50,000 miles, I have never seen an indication that CPO changes that. Since some of the CPO warranties went up to 100k two years you could theoretically have a car covered up to 150k!

@Drive Green nice car if it had 7 seats i might be tempted, if you would be interested in an 85D trade in :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yup the warranty is not actually extendable, and being over 50k miles the only Tesla warranty left on it is the 8year battery+DU one.

Nice car but let's describe things honestly please.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand your confusion, as it clearly states that Tesla warranties last up until 50,000 or 4 years, which ever comes first.

This is extendable as some of you have mentioned with Allianz - Provided that you don't reach the 50,000 or 4 years before you try to extend it.

I'd appreciate if some of you who clearly are very eager to call us out would research a topic before sharing your assumptions.

As for your question Biffa - we would be delighted to take in an 85D - feel free to send us your car's information and we can get that valued for you.

Have a great bank holiday!

Best wishes,
Chris

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I understand your confusion, as it clearly states that Tesla warranties last up until 50,000 or 4 years, which ever comes first.

This is extendable as some of you have mentioned with Allianz - Provided that you don't reach the 50,000 or 4 years before you try to extend it.

I'd appreciate if some of you who clearly are very eager to call us out would research a topic before sharing your assumptions.

As for your question Biffa - we would be delighted to take in an 85D - feel free to send us your car's information and we can get that valued for you.

Have a great bank holiday!

Best wishes,
Chris
Alas is it only a 5 seater :( so not for me, having 4 kids, 3,5,15 & 19 years of age, they may only be used occasionally, but save me the unfortunate fate of having to drive an MPV!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alas is it only a 5 seater :( so not for me, having 4 kids, 3,5,15 & 19 years of age, they may only be used occasionally, but save me the unfortunate fate of having to drive an MPV!!!
Ah I see, apologies I didn't spot that correctly! We'll that a shame, luckily the rear seats can still hold your two youngest!

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,710 Posts
Is it just my perception, or are these significantly cheaper since the M3 came out?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it just my perception, or are these significantly cheaper since the M3 came out?
Yes perhaps, this particular car we bought in for cheaper than usual and therefore we can price it lower :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have been trying to find the answer but no luck yet. Clearly the Alliance product is not applicable. Tesla seem to do a 2 year up to 100k miles but the cost I have no idea.
Hi Rory,

I've spent the last few days trying to get answers from Allianz and also Tesla.

After some very contradicting answers, I'm still fully unsure about it. I was told by Allianz Assistance that any in warranty Tesla can be extended, and then told by Allianz Tesla (more specific to Teslas) that due to it being over 50,000 miles, it no longer is extendable. The problem is, they kept saying to me that any Tesla over 50,000 is out of warranty and therefore they cannot extend it. Obviously, this Tesla is a CPO and still HAS warranty - whether the new buyer of this vehicle would have much luck with this, I don't know.

I've also spoken to Tesla directly, but still unsure as to whether they would be able to extend it - currently waiting for them to get back to me with some answers.

We're therefore not going to sell this car as a warranty extendable Tesla, but rather a Tesla with warranty up until July 2020/ 64,838 miles.

I'll try to keep the forum up to date in regards to any progress I make on this.

Best wishes
Chris

·
Registered
Get £50 off Evezy! Referral code e8615
1,710 Posts
Is it cheaper because of that? ;)

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Hi Rory,

I've spent the last few days trying to get answers from Allianz and also Tesla.

After some very contradicting answers, I'm still fully unsure about it. I was told by Allianz Assistance that any in warranty Tesla can be extended, and then told by Allianz Tesla (more specific to Teslas) that due to it being over 50,000 miles, it no longer is extendable. The problem is, they kept saying to me that any Tesla over 50,000 is out of warranty and therefore they cannot extend it. Obviously, this Tesla is a CPO and still HAS warranty - whether the new buyer of this vehicle would have much luck with this, I don't know.

I've also spoken to Tesla directly, but still unsure as to whether they would be able to extend it - currently waiting for them to get back to me with some answers.

We're therefore not going to sell this car as a warranty extendable Tesla, but rather a Tesla with warranty up until July 2020/ 64,838 miles.

I'll try to keep the forum up to date in regards to any progress I make on this.

Best wishes
Chris
I think clearly you have hit on the issue that Allianz have nowhere in their decision tree that includes a Tesla which is both over 50K and in warranty. As it is designed to be added to cars as a "from new" warranty, the CPO warranty is as good as the, "from new" but it is Tesla who offer it, just by extending the mileage limit.

Their (Allianz) site is pretty clear on the 50K limit, if they were to cover CPO then in principle some of those cars could be almost 100k before Allianz would be covering them, out to 150k... which i don't think they have much interest in.

Tesla will be no help in this as it is the Allianz team who administer and decide on it, which they effectively have, no cover.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think clearly you have hit on the issue that Allianz have nowhere in their decision tree that includes a Tesla which is both over 50K and in warranty. As it is designed to be added to cars as a "from new" warranty, the CPO warranty is as good as the, "from new" but it is Tesla who offer it, just by extending the mileage limit.

Their (Allianz) site is pretty clear on the 50K limit, if they were to cover CPO then in principle some of those cars could be almost 100k before Allianz would be covering them, out to 150k... which i don't think they have much interest in.

Tesla will be no help in this as it is the Allianz team who administer and decide on it, which they effectively have, no cover.
Hi Biffa,

Thanks for the reply. I believe you may be right on this one. I don't particularly disagree with their decision to only do up to 50K miles. It's the point where they don't even know and keep contradicting themselves. I think Ideally they should perhaps mention their policy on CPO's (or lack of) and also include a phone number so that people can quickly call up and get a definitive answer on it. I actually called Allianz assistance and was transferred through to their Tesla department (after being sent to BMW and god knows how many other brand departments) and even then, couldn't get a straight answer out of them.

Just to update you all, the kind of answer I've received is they are currently looking into CPO warranty - I.e a car that is in warranty with Tesla regardless of the mileage but currently it is not a product they offer.

Like I mentioned above, I don't know how true that is and whether or the new buyer would have much luck trying to get this warranty extended (if they even care about it)

Best wishes,
Chris

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would stick with what you have edited above, it is clearly correct, however what you haven't added the 8 year Battery and Drivetrain warranty is valid until 5th August 2023 with infinite mileage.
Thanks for that Biffa, will add it to description :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts