Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to install a new 12v battery and I have registered the battery. I'm now getting an error telling me the car is unable to charge. I checked to see if I could open the charger door and couldn't also the car will not live park. On a Foxwell NT510 I ran the codes to see if any thing was wrong just about all the codes were low voltage faults so basically all the faults are from the 12v battery going dead. I opened the charger door using the emergency manual cable and plugged in the charging cable and still the car will not charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've got it working but it took 3 days of clearing codes and putting a battery charger on the 12v battery to keep it from dying. I still need to keep an eye on it because the 12v battery says it might run down if the car isn't being driven.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got it working but it took 3 days of clearing codes and putting a battery charger on the 12v battery to keep it from dying. I still need to keep an eye on it because the 12v battery says it might go run down if the car isn't being driven.
Up date it seems to be working fine now I'm no longer getting a 12v battery discharge warning. All I did was charge the high voltage battery to 100% and then drove it around town.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good work Chris
Did you buy a genuine BMW i3 12v battery?
When you say registered the battery did you enter a serial number that the battery came with into the car using the Foxwell Diagnostics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts