·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
67 Posts
Scanfer, Ralkbirdy,

Thanks for this, so is it fair to say the range in 2016 is basically identical to 2019? You can't even notice say a 5% decline?

I'm not clear from reading the blog if kWH and range remain related over time. If the kWH that can be charged is the same after 3 years, does it follow that the range is the same?

One more thing..has anyone ever heard of any example of serious degradation of any Ioniqs. Say someone reporting 130 miles range in 2016 down to 100 now?

I would actually like to buy a 2016/2017 Ioniq if I can convince my wife so I can make it the main family car. A few months ago there were two on sale, we test drove one, but we decided against both after background checks. Since then I've been waiting months without a single one on sale.

There must have been at least 50 or 100 Ioniqs sold in Chile so if months can go by without anyone trying to sell one maybe that's a good sign about the car.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have not measured the kWh charged, but the range has stayed identical in the last 2 years. I have done plenty of 250 - 300 mile journeys requiring multiple charging and this is without problems at a Rapid charger. Arrived a few days ago down to 15 mile, recharged overnight back to 145 m GOM.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely, no change to range. We have a 2 year old, owned from new, and a 3 year old, owned from 2 years old. As far as regular driving can tell, both behave the same as the new one did, showing ~120 miles winter, up to 160 miles summer (in the south of UK). I had a Leaf 24 and the Ioniq is a huge improvement.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also have an Ioniq, and can report the same range with no degradation.
I have read elsewhere that the car has a 32kWh battery, but is only charged to 28kWH, so the battery may be degrading, but the user doesn't see this for some time - several years I suspect.
There are many plusses about the Ioniq - one of them is that within reason it doesn't matter how fast you drive on motorways, because it is such a low drag coefficient compared with Leafs and Teslas. I seem to get the same range at 60 to 75mph.
Tony

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have an Ioniq, and can report the same range with no degradation.
I have read elsewhere that the car has a 32kWh battery, but is only charged to 28kWH, so the battery may be degrading, but the user doesn't see this for some time - several years I suspect.
There are many plusses about the Ioniq - one of them is that within reason it doesn't matter how fast you drive on motorways, because it is such a low drag coefficient compared with Leafs and Teslas. I seem to get the same range at 60 to 75mph.
Tony
Absolutely, being able to keep up on the motorway is a real advantage over a Leaf!
The other big advantage is charging, so much so that Bjorn Nylands recent video on the fastest EV charging speeds includes the Ioniq28.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts