Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2016 leaf and my folks have just moved house that has a type 2 tethered charging point fitted. To use it do I need a type 2 to type 1 adapter or type 1 to type 2? Thanks

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
915 Posts
Type 2 to type 1.

But I’m not sure if some people have had problems getting them to work.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Do they have type 2 equipped cars? If not type 1 tethered leads are very cheap now and it may be simpler to swap it over.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 leaf and my folks have just moved house that has a type 2 tethered charging point fitted. To use it do I need a type 2 to type 1 adapter or type 1 to type 2? Thanks
If you happen to be anywhere even vaguely in the north west of England I'l be willing to swap you as long as it's a 32A (7kW) cable.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts

The adaptors that EvBitz supply work brilliantly.👍

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The adaptors that EvBitz supply work brilliantly.👍
Admittedly that what I'm using when not trying to use up the solar via the granny charger.
It works fine, just can't leave it attached as I've no cap and charger is outside.
The 3 metre walk to the back of the car is killing me :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: freddym

·
Registered
4 Posts
Admittedly that what I'm using when not trying to use up the solar via the granny charger.
Interesting you say that. Having just bought a leaf, and with a 4kw array already on the roof, I was wondering if using the granny charger would "force" a slower (lower wattage) charge (compared to using the charge point) and thus be more likely to be lower than the surplus coming form the solar array.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Simple answer, Yes it will. Depending on your charge point you might be able to achieve the same via that.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Interesting you say that. Having just bought a leaf, and with a 4kw array already on the roof, I was wondering if using the granny charger would "force" a slower (lower wattage) charge (compared to using the charge point) and thus be more likely to be lower than the surplus coming form the solar array.
There are smart changers available designed to deal specifically with what you describe.

Zappi is one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts