Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

2016 leaf charging with type 2 tethered cable.

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Bullterrier 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2016 leaf and my folks have just moved house that has a type 2 tethered charging point fitted. To use it do I need a type 2 to type 1 adapter or type 1 to type 2? Thanks

#2 ·
Type 2 to type 1.

But I’m not sure if some people have had problems getting them to work.

#4 ·
Do they have type 2 equipped cars? If not type 1 tethered leads are very cheap now and it may be simpler to swap it over.

Reactions: JohnMars
#5 ·
If you happen to be anywhere even vaguely in the north west of England I'l be willing to swap you as long as it's a 32A (7kW) cable.

#7 ·
Admittedly that what I'm using when not trying to use up the solar via the granny charger.
It works fine, just can't leave it attached as I've no cap and charger is outside.
The 3 metre walk to the back of the car is killing me :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: freddym
#8 ·
Admittedly that what I'm using when not trying to use up the solar via the granny charger.
Interesting you say that. Having just bought a leaf, and with a 4kw array already on the roof, I was wondering if using the granny charger would "force" a slower (lower wattage) charge (compared to using the charge point) and thus be more likely to be lower than the surplus coming form the solar array.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.