Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my Tesla MS75D. Priced just a little over the PX value - as I would rather make it available to forum members without an extra profit for TM or dealer along the way.

Owned this since new (well, technically Tesla is shown as first owner, as it was bought from stock with around 1000miles on it).

49,800 miles on the odometer (but still in use).

Main specs (on top of the standard MS:

• Silver (Car was detailed and ceramic coated around 18months ago, so paint work in perfect condition);
  • Has the additional rear jump seats, to make this a 7 seater;
  • AP2 hardware enabled for Enhanced Autopilot, so you get everything that is currently available from FSD as well (Summon, auto park, auto lane change, navigate on autopilot);
  • Premium interior (so includes the newer generation seats, in natural leather) - grey/black. Leather dash and doors (rather than plastic on lower end models). Alcantara headlining (my favourite bit). Powered boot (don't get one without like my partner did!);
  • Smart Air suspension;
  • Panoramic Glass Roof;
  • Bio-Defense air filtration;
  • Uncorked, so 0-60mph in 4.2seconds;
  • Fully serviced at Tesla;
  • Tyres in very good condition;
  • Typical range on battery showing as around 225 miles. Unlike new cars, this has an unlimited mileage warranty on the battery and drivetrain (or 8 years);
  • This car gets premium connectivity for free (unlike newer ones), so you get navigation, maps, traffic and Spotify without subscription;
  • iPhone (lightening) cable in console.
Car is in very good condition. It has some kerb rash on the front alloys, but nothing structural. Interior in very good condition, with only minor marks.

Comes included with:

• Normal Tesla charge cable (with 3pin domestic socket and 32A commando plug);
  • Type 2 Cable;
  • Chademo Adaptor (to allow to you use other DC rapid chargers);
  • Two sets of original keys;
  • Service history and original paperwork;
Selling now as my kids are outgrowing the jump seats and I want something a bit smaller. Will probably order M3. Have access to another car though, so the MS can go before I get the new one.

To provide some confidence - I've sold two other cars (a Mitsubishi PHEV and a Citroen C-Zero) through this forum, without complaint yet!

Ext1.jpg
ext3.jpg

ext4.jpg
ext5.jpg

front5.jpg
front4.jpg
Front1.jpg
Jump seats.jpg
rear.jpg

boot.jpg

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Does this have free supercharging included? What is the warranty situation on the car exc. the battery and drive train?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this have few supercharging included? What is the warranty situation on the car exc. the battery and drive train?
Hi,

I currently have unlimited free supercharging - but if I recall this is non-transferrable. I don't know how this is monitored or if there is a way around it, but you had best assume that it wouldn't continue unless you know how to maintain it.

As the car stands, it has the full manufacturers warranty. However, it is very close to the mileage limit on that (50k miles). My intention is to garage the car from now until it sells, so that the next owner will have a, albeit very short, period of full warranty. My thoughts are that this should provide buyers the confidence that this is not being sold because there is an out of warranty problem.

As it stands, I'm unaware of any problems with the car, otherwise I would have taken it to Tesla myself to get it fixed.

Hope that answers your questions?

John

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,733 Posts
If it was delivered before April 17 then the supercharging should come with the car.

Worth checking.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was delivered before April 17 then the supercharging should come with the car.

Worth checking.
Regrettably, my supercharging comes as a result of the referral program and the car was registered after April 17, so I think it is meant to be non-transferrable.

I only mentioned that I have it now, in case someone knows a way to retain it - it seems to be linked to the car but presumably also my account?

John

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,733 Posts
That makes sense. In which case I don’t think there’s a way to transfer it.

Not a big deal to most people.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hi,

I currently have unlimited free supercharging - but if I recall this is non-transferrable. I don't know how this is monitored or if there is a way around it, but you had best assume that it wouldn't continue unless you know how to maintain it.

As the car stands, it has the full manufacturers warranty. However, it is very close to the mileage limit on that (50k miles). My intention is to garage the car from now until it sells, so that the next owner will have a, albeit very short, period of full warranty. My thoughts are that this should provide buyers the confidence that this is not being sold because there is an out of warranty problem.

As it stands, I'm unaware of any problems with the car, otherwise I would have taken it to Tesla myself to get it fixed.

Hope that answers your questions?

John
Thanks. I’ll pass on to a friend who was on the lookout for a S.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have added some photos - interior ones were after dark unfortunately.

Also amended the listing slightly - as I forget to mention that it has Active Air Suspension.

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a quick update - order on the M3 has ramped up a bit, as no longer waiting for a custom factory order. Happy to take offers on the Model S, but will just let it go back to Tesla on PX if not - but that will be sooner rather than later now.

Thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just a quick update - order on the M3 has ramped up a bit, as no longer waiting for a custom factory order. Happy to take offers on the Model S, but will just let it go back to Tesla on PX if not - but that will be sooner rather than later now.

Thanks
If I may ask.

What Model 3 you going for?
Do you just fancy smaller car?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Long range AWD model 3 - but will add the acceleration boost to get closer to the performance. I didn't want the performance as I want less harsh suspension and don't want low profile 20" wheels.

Main reason for changing:
  • Want something smaller. My kids have largely grown out of the jump seats and we (my wife and I) have a 7 seater NV200 now, which we use for hauling stuff about and when we need more seats. So I mainly drive the car alone;
  • Wanted a car with tow-bar (which is the other reason I can't have the performance) - not for towing but because when we are in the car together, we do travel with bikes a lot and I prefer tow bar mounted carriers to roof bars. MS can't legally have tow bar in Europe;
  • The car is actually owned by the company and my partner has one. He wants to change out, so are doing it at the same time to maintain parity;

Despite all this - it is proving a bit of wrench to move on. I absolutely love the look of the MS - for me it always has that the 'look back and smile' appeal when I walk away from parking it. I haven't got that feeling about the M3 yet - maybe I will. This is very much a head over heart decision. The MS is by far the best car I've ever owned and I think I am taking a bit of a step back by most measures.

I'm also a little nervous about the feature set I'm leaving. My MS has Enhanced Autopilot, while I've only order to basic non-FSD for the M3. This is mainly because I don't really use AutoPark etc, but still feels like a downgrade. I suspect I'll miss the power tail gate, the air suspension and home link - although things I use regularly.

If I didn't have the finances to make the change - I would happily continue with the MS. I'm lucky to have some money in the company to spend on a new toy!

John

·
Registered
958 Posts
Long range AWD model 3 - but will add the acceleration boost to get closer to the performance. I didn't want the performance as I want less harsh suspension and don't want low profile 20" wheels.

Main reason for changing:
  • Want something smaller. My kids have largely grown out of the jump seats and we (my wife and I) have a 7 seater NV200 now, which we use for hauling stuff about and when we need more seats. So I mainly drive the car alone;
  • Wanted a car with tow-bar (which is the other reason I can't have the performance) - not for towing but because when we are in the car together, we do travel with bikes a lot and I prefer tow bar mounted carriers to roof bars. MS can't legally have tow bar in Europe;
  • The car is actually owned by the company and my partner has one. He wants to change out, so are doing it at the same time to maintain parity;

Despite all this - it is proving a bit of wrench to move on. I absolutely love the look of the MS - for me it always has that the 'look back and smile' appeal when I walk away from parking it. I haven't got that feeling about the M3 yet - maybe I will. This is very much a head over heart decision. The MS is by far the best car I've ever owned and I think I am taking a bit of a step back by most measures.

I'm also a little nervous about the feature set I'm leaving. My MS has Enhanced Autopilot, while I've only order to basic non-FSD for the M3. This is mainly because I don't really use AutoPark etc, but still feels like a downgrade. I suspect I'll miss the power tail gate, the air suspension and home link - although things I use regularly.

If I didn't have the finances to make the change - I would happily continue with the MS. I'm lucky to have some money in the company to spend on a new toy!

John
Hi John,

Thanks for great response.

Have my own limited company for how much longer I don't know with changes with ir35.

Don't know if I should buy car via my company or private and claim the the miles for the next 6 months have 200 mile motorway communte ;( want car that will do with out charging along the way.

I see Tesla now have lots of cars available for immediate delivery.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gather a lot of cars are turning up in inventory now at Tesla, because they have a lot of people who ordered but are waiting on the post April BIK changes. These orders have arrived too early so are being bounced in to inventory. At least that is a suggestion given to me by Tesla. It means that the website fills with M3s for a while, they all sell, and then they repopulate it with more as they arrive in the country.

My MS would just about get you a 200mile commute without charging; but it would require you to charge to 100% each day and let the battery drain low. You also would need to drive sensibly.

An older pre AP2 MS85 might be better for you? they get that extra little bit of range and would be a little cheaper as they don't have many of the features. I would be a little cautious of older one though, as some of the very early ones have some issues. It is why I waited until 2017 to buy mine, as most of the niggles had been ironed out. Same really in waiting for M3. I'm not an early adopter and prefer to wait a bit.

Good luck in your search.

Still waiting to get my delivery date - so willing to sell car up until the moment I drive to Tesla to pick up the new one.

JOhn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts