Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking at 30kw Leaf 2017 22,000 miles from local Nissan dealer. Did Leafspy check with Lelink OBD2 and got 89.5% SOH. SOC was 94%, 89 miles to 5%. Done 2 QCs and 356 L1/L2 charges. Car in v good condition but surprised at low capacity. It is colder today than lately at 6C. Should I buy?

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh, well there is a cheaper red one in Leeds on Autotrader, at £11990. Maybe use that to bargain yours down a little?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you know if it needs the BMS update? If it does then I understand that that would increase the SoH.

Are there any others that you could check out?

·
Registered
159 Posts
When buying you nee to check the obvious SOH plus the mV across the battery is important also check for any dtc codes and as mentioned before check to see if the BMS has had its update to the latest version.
if it meets your needs go for it the battery has plenty of warranty left on it

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
89% at 22k is a bit off. Its particle they out doesn't have the BMS update. The price is decent.

I paid 15k for Leaf last year and SoH turned out to be 91% - didn't know if this forum before. After BMS update SoH jumped to 96% but its back at 92% right now.

It meets our daily need and we have driven it over 21k in 13 months. We have saved over 3500 in fuel cost at the very least.

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 2016 30kWh on 23k miles with the BMS update and the last time I checked a few weeks ago the SoH was about 90%, which on the face of it is a bit lower than might be expected but it has no practical consequence because I rarely do a day's driving that pushes the range. If your usage will be similar then there's nothing to worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts