Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a problem charging?
The car has been fine for the last two year, but now we get a flashing Red LED on the charging socket, and it won't charge.
I have disabled the departure times and tried two different leads.
Video on youtube of what happens:

It starts well, with a green pulsating light (charging)
0:15 - Yellow light
0:54 - Another yellow light
1:30 - Yellow light again
1:35 - Red flashing light
It then goes back to green and repeats the whole cycle

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried more than one charge point?
I have only ever charged at home. I have tried my Rolec charge-point, and the granny-charger that came with the car
Do you think it is worth taking it to a faster-charger? Will I learn anything from that?

·
Registered
33 Posts
What happens if you lock the car? That normally turns all lights off except the pulsating green.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you think it is worth taking it to a faster-charger? Will I learn anything from that?
Was just trying to rule out the charger. Taking it to a fast charger (DC) might help to identify if the problem is on the AC power side of the process or the control side?

Have you done a visual check of the receptacle in the charging port for any damage/corrosion etc?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Please try a different circuit At home and also try a public AC station. If problem continues even at public station (use public cable, if possible to rule out cable). DC rest is good, but your car may have an AC charger issue. Best of luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone had a problem charging?
The car has been fine for the last two year, but now we get a flashing Red LED on the charging socket, and it won't charge.
I have disabled the departure times and tried two different leads.
Video on youtube of what happens:

It starts well, with a green pulsating light (charging)
0:15 - Yellow light
0:54 - Another yellow light
1:30 - Yellow light again
1:35 - Red flashing light
It then goes back to green and repeats the whole cycle

Any ideas?
This seems to be a problem with the e-Golf. Mine is in the shop for that reason. At least you drove yours for 2 years, I drive mine for 4 days but I bought it used, a 2016 Premium. Looks new, totally new. Drove great when charged. Now I'm just waiting. Anyone know the details on Carfax refunding your money.....
Or maybe I shouldn't do that since every car has trouble sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried a fast-charge last night...... and it worked.
This was a 50kw with CCS Combo socket.

My next check will be to see if I charge away from home on a Type 2 socket. That should then confirm if it's a problem with my car, or a problem with my local supply.

Thanks for the help so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts