Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

We've got the following deals available on the new 2018 Nissan LEAF models, based on 7,500 miles per annum on a 6+35 basis.

Visia 40kWh - £235 + VAT (Initial payment of £1692 inc VAT, followed by 35 payments of £282.00 inc VAT)

Acenta 40kWh - £239 + VAT (Initial payment of £1720.80 inc VAT, followed by 35 x £286.80 inc VAT)

N-Connecta 40kWh - £249 + VAT (Initial payment of £1792.80 inc VAT, followed by 35 x £298.80 inc VAT)

Tekna 40kWh - £259 + VAT (Initial payment of £1,864.80 inc VAT, followed by 35 x £310.80 inc VAT)

At the moment, we can only quote on 7,500 miles per annum, and 10k per annum - we expect the full rate table to be updated within the next couple of weeks.

Based on 10k miles per annum, 6+35:

Visia 40kWh - £240.13 + VAT (Initial payment of £1,728.92 inc VAT, followed by 35 payments of £288.15 inc VAT)

Acenta 40kWh - £244.55 + VAT (Initial payment of £1,760.80 inc VAT, followed by 35 x £293.47 inc VAT)

N-Connecta 40kWh - £254.75 + VAT (Initial payment of £1,834.24 inc VAT, followed by 35 x £305.71 inc VAT)

Tekna 40kWh - £264.98 + VAT (Initial payment of £1,907.89 inc VAT, followed by 35 x £317.98 inc VAT)

What does everyone think to this pricing?

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ADDING OPTIONS TO THE ABOVE (All per month)

Metallic paint add £13 + vat

Special paint add £17 + vat

2 Tone paint add £23 + vat

Parking sensors front&rear add £ 6 + vat

Heat pack add £ 5 + vat

LED Pack add £ 8 + vat

Pro Pilot add £ 9 + vat

Temporary spare wheel add £ 4 + vat

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
What does everyone think to this pricing?
Slightly lower than I predicted about 2 months ago.

If we were buying now, we'd take the N-Connecta instead of another Tekna.

Are these for business use only, or are they available to all customers?

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excuse my ignorance, but what does the £259+VAT relate to?

Total amount payable over 3 years is 35x310.80+1864.80 = £12742.8 inc VAT?
£259 + VAT is the headline contract hire rate. Businesses can claim back the VAT, hence the distinction.
The standard monthly payment for a private customer is therefore £259 + VAT = £310.80 inc VAT.

Contract Hire is where you don't have any equity in the vehicle, you don't retain title or ownership, and it is in effect a rental. So on 6+35 profile, the Initial Payment (£1,864.80) is 6 times the standard monthly rate. It isn't a deposit, as it's not going towards ownership, it's just reducing the monthly payment by taking some of the cost up-front. If you wanted to hand the car back after 2 years, you'd still need to pay the remaining monthly payments up to the end of the 3yr contract.

So yes, after 3 years, you'd have paid £12,742.80 for the use of the vehicle. This may work out cheaper than buying on PCP, or Cash, and then selling at the end of 3 years.

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slightly lower than I predicted about 2 months ago.

If we were buying now, we'd take the N-Connecta instead of another Tekna.

Are these for business use only, or are they available to all customers?
Available to all customers. PCH rates are shown inclusive of VAT.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If an order was placed now, when would the car be ready/delivered?

·
Registered
609 Posts
So yes, after 3 years, you'd have paid £12,742.80 for the use of the vehicle. This may work out cheaper than buying on PCP, or Cash, and then selling at the end of 3 years.
Thanks for the info. That's equivalent to buying at the list price of £25,490 then selling after three years for £12747.20. That works out cheaper than the current 2.zero PCP offer. Might even be equivalent to paying cash. Hmm!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks.

Our current car goes back at the end of June, could delivery be held back until then?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Miles,

I did some calculations back in Sept for a LEAF 30Kwh Accenta with 16,000 mile pa.
Comparing your figures with mine and allowing 8p/mile for excess milage - the new Leaf costs around £500 pa more.
Which is not bad for a car with a much bigger range and better design.

I have an old 2007 Citroen C1, will Nissan still give £2000 trade in against these deals and does the deal include all servicing costs & tyres ?.

Pete

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Miles,

I did some calculations back in Sept for a LEAF 30Kwh Accenta with 16,000 mile pa.
Comparing your figures with mine and allowing 8p/mile for excess milage - the new Leaf costs around £500 pa more.
Which is not bad for a car with a much bigger range and better design.

I have an old 2007 Citroen C1, will Nissan still give £2000 trade in against these deals and does the deal include all servicing costs & tyres ?.

Pete
Contract Hire deals are not available with Scrappage/Swappage discount.
The prices quoted are excluding servicing and tyres.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Interesting!

So £300 PM for 10k miles on an Acenta with Heat pack.

Getting closer to acceptable but not quite there yet!

Make it 250 and youve got a deal?

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,602 Posts
They're better but not that enticing especially with the new Kia offerings around the corner. They make the Leaf 40 look like last year's car already.

·
Vendor
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're better but not that enticing especially with the new Kia offerings around the corner. They make the Leaf 40 look like last year's car already.
Around the corner can have a variety of meanings. Kia won't be bringing the Niro EV to UK within the next 12 months in any sort of volume, or at any prices which come close to these (IMHO).

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
They make the Leaf 40 look like last year's car already.
That is true for just about every EV on sale today. You have to decide if last year's car is good enough or if you want to wait.

It will be true for 2019 too. Exciting times. I can't remember any other time when cars were changing so rapidly.

·
Registered
609 Posts
So £300 PM for 10k miles on an Acenta with Heat pack.

Getting closer to acceptable but not quite there yet!

Make it 250 and youve got a deal?
Essentially you're just paying the depreciation monthly rather than at the end when you sell the car. These figures look about right to me. How else do you propose they make it cheaper, short of Nissan reducing the price or the dealer taking an unacceptably large risk on the final value of the car? All of these lease options basically just involve a gamble on the final value.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,602 Posts
I'm badgering Drive Electric to badger Kia UK to make sure these cars are available and at sensible prices :)

The lack of proper battery thermal management is still a big black mark against the Leaf. It's not good enough now.

That is true for just about every EV on sale today. You have to decide if last year's car is good enough or if you want to wait.

It will be true for 2019 too. Exciting times.
64kWh is at the useful level finally. Having a smaller battery car has proven what sort of range it needs in reality to be any use and it's basically 200 miles summer and absolutely no less than 100 in winter to function as main car. Or the car needs to be more like £100 a month not £200 if it is relegated to a 20 mile radius in winter.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I think they are OK for getting a new toy, chances are they will be down to £250 within a year.

They will sell well enough at this price, plenty of new people will want this Leaf to show off especially in London etc. where these prices make perfect sense.

I am waiting for the 64 though, or at least a car with a 60+ battery. At 60kw+ you just don't really have to worry about charging anymore and that's where I want to be with a personal car - I could drive to London and just stop to refuel once... exactly what I do in an ICE car.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts