Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed their drivers seat moving side to side through corners?
I can feel mine moving, feels as if its not bolted down tight enough or the rails are worn down. I couldn't see any problems when I had a look either, don't want to take it to VW as they will charge me some stupid amount of money to say they can't replicate it.
If anyone has had this issue and fixed it id appreciate your feedback before I rip the seat out the car.

Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, yes mine does that too. Tiny movement which is felt rather than heard. If the seat is moved forward or back a bit it seems to stop but then the driving position is wrong and uncomfortable. The movement seems to be at the rear of the seat, rather then the whole seat moving left/right.

When stationary and trying to move the seat side to side by hand I can't feel it. Noticed it a year ago, but haven't put in garage as I expect they'll say "can't reproduce" like the creaky suspension mounts on the front.

Car goes back in October, don't think I'll get another Passat. It's almost perfect except for little annoyances like the seat, the ridiculously creaky dashboard and door panels (front and rear) among other stupid noises which just shouldn't be present in a car costing £40k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, I have creaky suspension also, maybe 2018 wasn't a good year for VW! When I have the motivation Ill try and find what has worn or broken with the seat and report back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts