Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,264 Posts
Type 2 cable only. Granny charger had to be bought separately. On occasion you may find a used Zoe supplied with both, if the previous owner left it in the vehicle rather than selling it separately.

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,246 Posts
Just a heads up - I work with a fleet of Zoes and not a single one so far has made it to the end of the 3 year business lease with its original Type 2 cable in one piece. Granted they tend to get treated a little rougher since they aren't the driver's personal vehicles, but when you compare to all the other brands in the fleet we've never had to replace more than the odd one or two cables here and there.

If you're buying a 3 Year old Zoe and it's coming with it's original cable it may be worth reminding yourself that you may need to add the expense of a new cable in the not too distant future. And assuming you want to keep the benefit of 22kW charging there will be a price premium for getting a 3-Phase cable to replace it.

As has already been established, the granny cable never came as standard so you'll be lucky if you find one included in the sale of the car. Worth noting that you really should be calling the granny cable for a Zoe an emergency cable - They are PAINFULLY inefficient and slow to charge a Q90, worse than pretty much any other model of EV out there. So don't feel like you're missing out of much by not having one for a Zoe.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just a heads up - I work with a fleet of Zoes and not a single one so far has made it to the end of the 3 year business lease with its original Type 2 cable in one piece. Granted they tend to get treated a little rougher since they aren't the driver's personal vehicles, but when you compare to all the other brands in the fleet we've never had to replace more than the odd one or two cables here and there.

If you're buying a 3 Year old Zoe and it's coming with it's original cable it may be worth reminding yourself that you may need to add the expense of a new cable in the not too distant future. And assuming you want to keep the benefit of 22kW charging there will be a price premium for getting a 3-Phase cable to replace it.

As has already been established, the granny cable never came as standard so you'll be lucky if you find one included in the sale of the car. Worth noting that you really should be calling the granny cable for a Zoe an emergency cable - They are PAINFULLY inefficient and slow to charge a Q90, worse than pretty much any other model of EV out there. So don't feel like you're missing out of much by not having one for a Zoe.
That's odd as the cable we use for our demo at work is about 3 years old, it's permanently plugged into the charge point and aswell as being used to charge our demo, it's also used for customer cars and cars that are in the workshop being fixed, basically its well used.

I've never heard of one failing or falling apart.

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,246 Posts
That's odd as the cable we use for our demo at work is about 3 years old, it's permanently plugged into the charge point and aswell as being used to charge our demo, it's also used for customer cars and cars that are in the workshop being fixed, basically its well used.

I've never heard of one failing or falling apart.
Yeah with all the ones we have had R240 and Q90, All the ones in my area have failed before the lease was up, and I have heard similar stories from the other regions. It's at the point now where we have had to buy replacement type 2 cables for every single car from new and keep them sealed in their bags ready to instruct a driver to swap over the cables when we inevitably get the phone call to say there's yet another failed cable.

Sometimes it's little brown burn spots going along the length of the cable. Other times it will have come loose at the bottom of the connector at the vehicle end of the cable. Or sometimes it's just a case of throwing up an error saying to check the connections (or on rare occasion BCI) Either way they are by far the most unreliable cables I have ever seen.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah with all the ones we have had R240 and Q90, All the ones in my area have failed before the lease was up, and I have heard similar stories from the other regions. It's at the point now where we have had to buy replacement type 2 cables for every single car from new and keep them sealed in their bags ready to instruct a driver to swap over the cables when we inevitably get the phone call to say there's yet another failed cable.

Sometimes it's little brown burn spots going along the length of the cable. Other times it will have come loose at the bottom of the connector at the vehicle end of the cable. Or sometimes it's just a case of throwing up an error saying to check the connections (or on rare occasion BCI) Either way they are by far the most unreliable cables I have ever seen.
sounds like user error, my old zoe was 4 years old and the cable wasn’t exactly treated with kid gloves and it was fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts