Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got one, any views? Done mind if its the "C" or the "E" class

Need to choose new company car soon and its high on the list.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Suggest you organise a couple of 48hr. Test drives.
I’ve driven a couple and they are very impressive.
if you are a road warrior, then it’s a better option than a petrol hybrid.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep did so, had a E 300de AMG line saloon. Lovely car, but totally spoiled for me with the battery box arrangement in the boot. Instead of a flat boot space it was a high step taking up half the boot. It was higher than the folded rear seats. Told that the c class de and estate e class de had the same arrangement. Shame as it was very high on my list of next company car, the idea of a diesel for the open road, and electric round town really ticked a lot of boxes.

Apart from that I found the diesel very quiet, it returned over 70mpg (from the computer ) on a long trip when the charge had been used. I wasnt quite able to get to work (28 miles) on a full charge, but got very close the engine only fired a couple of times. Loved the interior, though the gear selector on the right stalk took a bit of getting used to......

·
Registered
3 Posts
My experience of an E300DE suggests that if battery range is a defining reason to buy the car, then DONT!!. Mine gets 22 miles from full battery to empty. It also does 22-28 MPG when charging the battery from the engine, as in while actually driving the car. IF you drive it in hybrid mode while the battery is flat, then the best I am getting is about 30-33MPG. Its shockingly bad, and you won't be surprised to hear that Mercedes are trying to bullshit their way out of acknowledging there is a fault, I wish there was someone else I could speak to, but dont know who.... Help??

·
Registered
638 Posts
My experience of an E300DE suggests that if battery range is a defining reason to buy the car, then DONT!!. Mine gets 22 miles from full battery to empty. It also does 22-28 MPG when charging the battery from the engine, as in while actually driving the car. IF you drive it in hybrid mode while the battery is flat, then the best I am getting is about 30-33MPG. Its shockingly bad, and you won't be surprised to hear that Mercedes are trying to bullshit their way out of acknowledging there is a fault, I wish there was someone else I could speak to, but dont know who.... Help??
Try posting something on social media, Merc customer support and also Honest John.

·
Registered
695 Posts
These cars really only get good fuel economy when charged as much as possible. Especially if the drive battery runs flat, the car is now unable to shut the engine off at traffic lights, as the engine is running the heating/aircon/charging the battery. On longer trips the car should perform about as good as any diesel, possibly a little better with the regen braking, but you will need to be careful in how you drive (if the car has a "B" mode, use that as much as possible and avoid touching the brake pedal, adapt your speed to traffic and reduce the amount of 80+ mph driving done.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts