·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surely, this spec blows all other "hybrid" cars out of the water!
It has an EV range barely short of BEV's from only a few years ago yet looks like a real car with more than adequate performance.
GM have a real winner with this design so I expect to see it in various guises in the next few years.

I wonder if the new transmission put the dreaded bearing problem to bed.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
A great car just keeps improving. So sad that GM cut Europe loose. I don't hold out much hope for anything from PSA with a plug that I would want to buy :(

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
I wonder if the new transmission put the dreaded bearing problem to bed.
MY19 is more minor tweeks to Volt 2, itself a substantially new model and transmission in 2016, so no chance of same problem. Maybe different ones ;)

To be fair, bearing problem was not that common, covered under 8 year warranty and even Vauxhall learnt how to fix :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems to me that there is only one good new feature on the 2019 Volt and that is the better infotainment center.
The LVL 2 charger seems silly. Why would someone want to charge a car for 2.5 hours just to get another 50 miles?
Id rather just charge at night and if I run out of charge use gas.
Having never been inside a Volt my knowledge is very limited. Could someone tell me if the new infotainment panel is any better than the 2018? been trying to find a video showing the new vs old.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
If someone was shopping or out for a meal they might get enough range to go home on EV during their stay at 7kW. I often wish my Ampera MY13 had 7kW charging.

This forum is mainly UK, some European with only a few members from USA. As such most people won't have seen the new Volt - we only got MY13 and a few MY14.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Europe, 7kW is a standard for destination charging and will allow the charge point to be sensitively used for multiple use during a day if the users are sensible! :LOL:
It will also allow me to top up during the day from home to increase EV range, something that the Gen 1 16A max does not allow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts