Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 128Gb USB stick in the Infotainment USB socket. (The one you would use for Apple car play which I rarely use).
There are over 4000 tracks on this stick and the system plays them fine.
The Tracks are arranged as:
Artist - Album - Song
- Album - Disk 1 -song
- Disk 2 - song
- song
All files are flac (lossless compression)
I notice that in the screen Menu under Media - USB - List. are listed File, Album, Artist, Song, Recently added.
Does anybody know if when tracks are added to the stick, the car eventually indexes them and moves them to the Artist, Folder, song format?
I also not that I have much album art displayed but not all especially on newly added tracks. Even if I. have tagged the audio files and added. album art files.
I can't find anything on-line that describes how the infotainment system handles. these USB audio files.
Any knowledge out there?

·
Registered
92 Posts
The only thing I can say, the system will not move the audio files. They stay where they are and will just be indexed and played.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One issue I hit using a USB SSD is that there is an artificial limit on the total number of tracks - from memory I think it's 8000
Thanks for that Mike. It's useful information although my 128Gb stick will probably max out at around 5000 tracks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ya learn something new every day here. I had no idea I could insert a USB Stick with MP3's into that USB slot and have music PLAY !!! Thanks for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts