Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Passat GTE Advance has gone in for its first service today.

First registered December 2019. They are saying it needs the battery removing and checking as part of recall. I am aware of this.

I thought this recall was for older vehicles not the newer 13KWH Passat's and Golf's ?

Anyway wont see my car for a week now :(

Also they only told me about the recall when I arrived to book in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke to the dealer this recall is different to the Golf one. They are dropping the battery and checking the HV battery plug seal. Apparently water is getting past this seal in some cases.

If water has got in then its new battery time !

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an October 66 reg and there is no outstanding recalls on this model. I only thought it affected the Golfs? Never knew the passat had any battery recalls but VW confirmed there are none for my model.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will let everyone know the outcome. Perhaps I will get a new battery. Mind you it would be good if they replaced the infotainment system as well because mine is pants.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Mind you it would be good if they replaced the infotainment system as well because mine is pants.
Apparently there were issues migrating Passat database to new system and WeConnect working more intermittently than usual, so once got my "Globe" icon lit up again on MY20 received a couple of MIB 3 OTA updates one after the other, so fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My Passat GTE Advance has gone in for its first service today.

First registered December 2019. They are saying it needs the battery removing and checking as part of recall. I am aware of this.

I thought this recall was for older vehicles not the newer 13KWH Passat's and Golf's ?

Anyway wont see my car for a week now :(

Also they only told me about the recall when I arrived to book in.
Mine told me they needed it for 2 days - a week seems a bit extreme!

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Apparently there were issues migrating Passat database to new system and WeConnect working more intermittently than usual
When I spoke to tech support about this, they suggested using the website instead of the app. I was skeptical, the website has always worked first time (with one exception, where it worked on the 2nd attempt), even when the app is going through one of it's "episodes". Which makes we wonder if they're running two separate systems... the really odd thing is that I had a grey Globe icon for a few days, but it magically lit up after using the website for the first time - no idea if the tech support person did something behind the scenes, or the website did something that fixed it, or it was just coincidence...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Battery connection was fine. Its had three recalls for various things. Infotainment system no fault found so it will still be pants.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Infotainment system no fault found so it will still be pants.
Out of curiosity, what problems do you have with the infotainment, and which version do you have? I have Discover Media (not Pro), and it takes a week and a half to start up and is an absolute fingerprint magnet, but otherwise seems fine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think its the discover pro. The car is an advance.
It switched on and off on its own. Jumps media tracks. The screen goes blank. Its unresponsive sometimes.

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
I think its the discover pro. The car is an advance.
It switched on and off on its own. Jumps media tracks. The screen goes blank. Its unresponsive sometimes.
Wowzers, that's disappointing... not seen any of that. My previous Passat's infotainment system (RNS-315 I think...) had those problems though, really annoying.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car is ready no new battery needed. Lots of TPI's and software updates applied.

Pick it up on Monday.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine is going in because infotainment keeps rebooting. When i booked it in, they said that want it for three days, battery recall, OCU reprogram recall, Cell modules update recall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts