Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Striving for a greener planet
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD 19" FSD; Renault Zoe Q210 22kWh
388 Posts
DashCam Viewer changes are great. I stopped using it after a while as there was no way to find the incident and it could of been anywhere in the 10 minutes captured.

·
Registered
137 Posts
DashCam Viewer changes are great. I stopped using it after a while as there was no way to find the incident and it could of been anywhere in the 10 minutes captured.
Yeah I agree. It's incredibly fidgety trying to find the trigger point. I figured out that it's usually between the 8 and 9 minute mark but it's still inconvenient. This update will be an absolute game changer!

I also like that we will be able to use the side cameras when reversing. Hopefully that will help when parking parallel against the curb. I've hit it so many times and trashed the wheels haha.

I'm not quite sure what the point of the Walk Away Door Lock Improvement is though. So does that mean every time I get home, the only way to lock the car is to go into my app and manually select lock as opposed to just walking away? Seems inconvenient. I know it's a setting that can be turned on/off but I personally can't envisage myself using it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not quite sure what the point of the Walk Away Door Lock Improvement is though.
Whenever I see a feature I don't quite understand, I try to think how it would apply to a reasonably well-off American household. In this scenario I am picture a house with a gate at the end of the driveway, or maybe someone who always parks their car in their garage.

I could see this being useful when I am washing the car to prevent mirrors from folding in... but as a general rule I want the car to be locked when at home. Actually the best improvement to walk-away lock would be the ability to turn off "walk up unlock" when at home.

·
EGGY
1,167 Posts
I wish they'd chuck a bit of dev time at improving the maps and nav

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wish they'd chuck a bit of dev time at improving the maps and nav
I wonder if they are augmenting the maps and nav data in some way that means it can't just be pulled live from Google or OpenStreetMap. Mind you, at least it is more up to date than most in-car nav systems I have used in the past (Mercedes I am looking at you!). It's the speed limits that really frustrate me... I know they are working on sign recognition, but it is so frustrating when OpenStreetMap has the correct speed limit on every road I check.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just having a map release more than once a year would be enough.. it's getting a bit embarrasing now.
I look forward to my updates, it's a big selling point.

·
EGGY
1,167 Posts
The ability to show more than one route option would be good (surely not that hard) as would more rapid progress importing 3rd party chargers, surely they could just get that from open street map ? Having watch that Norwegian guy in his Taycan driving from Oslo to Marbella and back though maybe I shouldn't complain.

Better maps would be fr more useful for me than FSD, you have to think they believe they make money out of autonomous driving and hence the push

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe Tesla are sending this to FSD users first so the rest of us will have to wait - anyone without got it yet?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Maybe Tesla are sending this to FSD users first so the rest of us will have to wait - anyone without got it yet?
FSD here too, but nothing yet. It’ll get to me when it does.

from what I’ve read so far, it's a few bug fixes, improvements to TuneIn (Thank God) and the wing cameras included when you reverse or use the rear camera whilst driving.

No traffic light control for the UK yet 😔

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,493 Posts
FSD here and I've had one update since this one, I'm now on 2020.24.6.1 but there were no release notes with the last updated so I assumed it was just bug fixes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts