Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KIA UK have just released some more details including UK Price after Gov Grant

Usual KIA UK get out Clause....... Bet the UK will NOT get the 7 year map updates

Still says Coming Soon on the UK website though..........

·
Registered
19 Posts

Still says Coming Soon on the UK website though..........
Thanks for sharing that :) good to see something that indicates progress... still feeling positive about my reservation compared to the other options... think it looks nicer than the iD3 1st Edition, there’s something quite Fisher Price about the white plastic screen surrounds in that, compared to the Kia.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Usual KIA UK get out Clause....... Bet the UK will NOT get the 7 year map updates
Non-issue on the map updates: Running Android Auto or Apple Car Play will give the latest live maps and traffic.

Price looks good! Hopefully not 12+ month waiting list like with the e-Niro ?!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I asked my dealer to find out if the UK spec new Soul EV would have the Sound Mood lighting feature as it’s not on the spec list. They have just replied to say no it’s not included - shame, it’s obviously not essential but is such a fun feature, I would have loved to have it 😏

·
Registered
6 Posts
I asked my dealer to find out if the UK spec new Soul EV would have the Sound Mood lighting feature as it’s not on the spec list. They have just replied to say no it’s not included - shame, it’s obviously not essential but is such a fun feature, I would have loved to have it 😏
That's disappointing - no party mode 😔.

Auto wipers (rain-sensing) are also conspicuous by their absence in the features list too. I can't remember the last car I had that didn't come with that as standard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's disappointing - no party mode 😔.

Auto wipers (rain-sensing) are also conspicuous by their absence in the features list too. I can't remember the last car I had that didn't come with that as standard.
The dealers shared a spec list with me that includes rain-sensing wipers, so I think they are there!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Would be very surprised if it had last equipment than the e-Niro

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the UK KIA Website is a full list of the specs for the UK 1st Edition, Rain Sensing Wipers are on there...

Soul 2020.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
On the UK KIA Website is a full list of the specs for the UK 1st Edition, Rain Sensing Wipers are on there...
That's great news, I previously only had the original sales book details to go on and they weren't listed there. Thanks for the info.

Disappointingly there are no front parking sensors on the spec list, though interestingly the Kia site shows an image of the Soul in UK-spec (plastic side trim etc) that does appear to have them. It's also unclear whether any charging cable is included, as it's listed as a cost-option on the accessories page.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With all KIA Brochures and pictures on the web site, KIA always have a disclaimer somewhere on the page (Look at my 1st post in this thread, the last picture, pasted below) The only details you can go from are the spec sheets, I do not have any extra info about the charging cable, sorry.. Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, Now I don't know what to do - KIA have told the company I was buying the car from (Military Discount Site) that they (KIA) have decided that they are NOT going to supply them with the KIA Soul EV that I ordered some time ago, they said that they do not need to discount the car (Was only about £1500 Cheaper) as they can sell as many as they want at full price and I can re-order with a dealer and go back to the end of the queue again - I may just keep my 3.3ltr Stinger now....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Disappointingly there are no front parking sensors on the spec list...
Just asked Kia UK about this, and they have said there are no front parking sensors 😕

Honestly, I don’t understand why you would build them into the EU review models that show up in videos from folks like Bjorn Nyland and then remove them for the UK!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Please check my latest Kia e-Soul EV 2020 (64kWh) test drive video 👍
Fully electric. Easy driving. Easy charging, easy going. Go electric!
No disrespect but this is terrible, a rambling start, camera focussed on half top of display and bottom sliver of windscreen the whole time, no look at outside of car, inside of car, boot, main drivers display except at awkward angle, you can see there's a HUD but can't view the display because of the angle.
I could go on but then it would be more informative than your "review".

·
Electric cars in Norway Sweden Denmark EV
28 Posts
No disrespect but this is terrible, a rambling start, camera focussed on half top of display and bottom sliver of windscreen the whole time, no look at outside of car, inside of car, boot, main drivers display except at awkward angle, you can see there's a HUD but can't view the display because of the angle.
I could go on but then it would be more informative than your "review".
Hi, ok, got it:) I am just a humble amature. Trying to get better on this video thing ;) My Kia e-Soul 2020 test is more than this video, it has 4 parts. Hope you like it. Link

1 - 20 of 21 Posts