Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New maps and software now available for the Kia e-Niro.
Use at your own risk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have downloaded and will write to the SD cards later. I will upgrade tomorrow after I have visited the dealer to sort out a problem I am having with DAB reception.
Interestingly, there are two maps availabe for GEN5 - one being a wide screen update - possibly for the new nav screens in the MY20 e-Niro's and the PHEV/HEV versions of the car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update now completed, haven't had the opportunity to test everything out yet - but here is a screenshot of the system info after the update

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Can anybody remember where the walk throu is for self updating, cant seem to find it. Dont want to give £25 to dealer to do it
The dealer should do it for free - but many dealers don't have the latest software as it requires them to be a bit computer savvy to download from the Kia dealership's website - and many will wait until Kia UK sends them the software/maps updates.
PS
If you are a member of the Kia e-Niro UK Interest Group on Facebook, I have uploaded a file called "Kia Update Procedure.pdf" into the files section of the forum. This will allow you to print it out and have it handy as you work your way through the various download and extraction procedures.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Given that those updates are now dated from November and December 2019, all newly delivered cars "should" have this version as a minimum.

When someone's picking up a new car now, they really should insist in the dealership upgrading it before they drive out the front gate.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After entering first site, i cant see anything to download, do I need to register for that site or should i be able to see a download.
It is contained in the first post entitled "Kia Software + Maps update 2020" - where it says "Spoiler", click on the "show" button and copy the link shown which is
Once there, click on the download link (top right) and download the .ZIP file. Extract that file and use the GEN5X torrent files to download the .RAR files which you need to extract again to get to the actual update files.
Follow the procedure available from the post above.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Devon any idea what the software update adds or changes
A few more tweaks in the Settings menu and the mapping is far better now on the nav screen. For instance, if you have a destination set, if it tells you to turn say right, the screen splits into two to show a close up of the turn. Also more information at the bottom of the screen. Updated charge locations (although still not current) and other POI's etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks Devon had to use your link in post. Could see the spoiler but would not open anything after that, even clicking on show would not do anything
You have to be registered and logged in to see the links.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One more thing about the new software/firmware is that it actually gives you your speed on the nav screen (presumably from the GPS signal). This seems to be fairly consistently 3 to 4mph below what the speedometer is saying.
Sorry no pics as I didn't have my phone on me. On the nav screen this is just above the where the road speed limit is displayed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One more thing about the new software/firmware is that it actually gives you your speed on the nav screen (presumably from the GPS signal). This seems to be fairly consistently 3 to 4mph below what the speedometer is saying.
Sorry no pics as I didn't have my phone on me. On the nav screen this is just above the where the road speed limit is displayed.
Install procedure as given above followed and new software and maps installed. Do you know if the software update addresses issues other have reported such as 12V Battery discharge?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Install procedure as given above followed and new software and maps installed. Do you know if the software update addresses issues other have reported such as 12V Battery discharge?
Hope all went well. Unfortunately I cannot answer that as I have not had the 12v battery problem - even though the car is mainly only used for very local shopping at the moment and often left 1 or 2 days sat in the garage.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts