Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I currently have a M3 sr+ which I have had a year. My business partner and I are looking to lease through our business two LR model 3’s and are debating the wheels.

There are lots of posts about the range on the sport wheels vs Aeros, but they seem to be on the older design. It’s my understanding that the new sport wheels are more aero than the previous iteration.

Has anybody got any experience at the range loss with these newer style wheels? I have read 5%-10% is the norm for the older set, so I’m hoping the new ones may be a bit better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Bjorn Nyland recently tested stock alloys v aero covers on model Y, and estimated between 2 and 4% difference in efficiency.

Various previous tests on Model 3 show differences within that range, so whilst not a well researched and scientific assessment, I would expect a similar difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bjorn Nyland recently tested stock alloys v aero covers on model Y, and estimated between 2 and 4% difference in efficiency.

Various previous tests on Model 3 show differences within that range, so whilst not a well researched and scientific assessment, I would expect a similar difference.
Thanks, that's really useful and appears to be decently better than the previous design.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts