Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at fitting a reversing camera to my wife’s 2020 Renault Zoe as hers doesn’t have one. I have all the bits, I just need to wire it in! I want to wire the camera and monitor into the reversing light so they will switch on when reverse gear is engaged. I was looking in the back of the car, and I removed one of the interior side panels (on the left side) and found a wiring harness. I’m guessing this harness provides power to the rear lights – but does anyone happen to know which wires are for the reversing lights? Or does anyone have a wiring diagram?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, so since nobody here was able to tell me the answer to my question, I just asked my Renault Dealer to do it (wife's car had to go in for a recall on an ECU anyway), which they did. Surprisingly they didn't even charge me, but the short answer is, the camera is now installed and working!

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,626 Posts
OK, so since nobody here was able to tell me the answer to my question, I just asked my Renault Dealer to do it (wife's car had to go in for a recall on an ECU anyway), which they did. Surprisingly they didn't even charge me, but the short answer is, the camera is now installed and working!
Where did you put the monitor? Any photos?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you put the monitor? Any photos?
I mounted the monitor just above the Sat Nav screen. Wife has an Iconic so it has the 7 inch display. The monitor has a stand thing on it, so I rotated it backwards and stuck it to the edge of the top of the dashboard, then ran some double sided tape along the bottom of the monitor and stuck it to the top of the screen housing.

I'm sure I can find a couple of photos - don't have them to hand right now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts