Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to find any decent rubber mats to fit the new Soul yet? I quite like the official ones but they don't seem to be available for the RHD version yet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had noticed these mats in a Youtube video and was disappointed when I found that they were for LHD only.
I have contacted Kia and they said that there is no plans to sell any type of rubber mats for the Soul.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had noticed these mats in a Youtube video and was disappointed when I found that they were for LHD only.
I have contacted Kia and they said that there is no plans to sell any type of rubber mats for the Soul.
That's a slightly different response to what I had when I contacted Kia. They told me that they were "waiting for appoval for an all weather set" and that they were expecting this to be added to the catalogue in Q3.

That was a few weeks ago so maybe they've decided not to bother now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had been looking at those too. I'd be interested to hear what they're like when you receive them.
Hi DeeSee, now got my rubber mats. Sorry for the delay in answering, my broadband has been down for over a week but fixed at last. The mats arrived quite quickly. They are a good fit, the driver's mat has eyelets to secure them, not the proper Kia fitting however they fit on fine and do not move. They are not as heavy a rubber material as I would have liked but look good in the car and are easy to cloan as they have quite a fine texture. Reasonably happy with them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi DeeSee, now got my rubber mats. Sorry for the delay in answering, my broadband has been down for over a week but fixed at last. The mats arrived quite quickly. They are a good fit, the driver's mat has eyelets to secure them, not the proper Kia fitting however they fit on fine and do not move. They are not as heavy a rubber material as I would have liked but look good in the car and are easy to cloan as they have quite a fine texture. Reasonably happy with them. Hope this helps.
That's great. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
170 Posts
Silly question, does that package include rear mats or is it just the two front mats?

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you visit the Dutch site kia.nl it's amazing how many customisation options are available.

One option is official rubber mats, so maybe you could order them from the Netherlands?

Plenty of wheel/tyre choices too.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
170 Posts
If you visit the Dutch site kia.nl it's amazing how many customisation options are available.

One option is official rubber mats, so maybe you could order them from the Netherlands?

I went to kia.ie as it's in English 😁
Noticed they have more colour choices than UK too!
Downloaded the accessories brochure, the rubber mats are for LHD only ☹

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's weird because I went for a test drive in Ireland and I'm sure the car was rhd and I drove on the left

·
Registered
362 Posts

The problem with the rubber mats is that the footwell is different on the LHD, so there is no guarantee that they would fit, even upside-down. And if they did fit upside-down, you would lose the great pattern :(

The 18" all season tyre and wheel set looked tempting, until I looked at the price.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
170 Posts
That's weird because I went for a test drive in Ireland and I'm sure the car was rhd and I drove on the left
Yes, Ireland drives on the left same as UK. Did your test drive car have rubber or velour mats? Only the latter are available for RHD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts