Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my TPMS light came on. When I checked on the TPMS page on the insrtument cluster it was flashing on the front nearside wheel. When I started driving home, it displayed the individual pressures: front nearside 31 and the other 3 at 32. I was surprise a 1psi difference would trigger the TPMS system. This morning I went out and put some air in the low tyre but the warning remained. I then had a look through the manual to see how to reset the system but came up blank. It suggests if the pressure is up to that recommended, the warning will disappear. I checked the pressures as listed in the door jamb and was surprised it shows 36psi all round. I inflated all four tyres to 36psi but the warning remains on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
TPMS only works when the wheels turn and shortly afterwards, as the sensors turn off to save their batteries.
I've no experience of KIA but most cars take a few miles to turn the TPMS back on. So my advice is to take it for a drive.
Even 36 PSI is low in my book so 31/32 is a long way out.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,232 Posts
There's usually a reset or learning thing somewhere. If there is a tyre pressure check screen there's usually a initialisation one in that section. If not then checking them in that screen and they show up correct should reset it.

36 psi seems a minimum for a fat BEV to me. I'd think anything up to 40psi is reasonable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I had precisely the same thing even down to the numbers - front passenger side 31 psi vs 32 elsewhere.
It wouldn't even reset when it went back up to 32 all round.
Couldn't find anything in the manual but then found the door sticker showing 36 !
I got my tyre inflator out and inflated all tyres to 38 (cold) and drove round the block. Alarm light off!
Came back and deflated all round to 36.
Seems to have fixed it !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good luck. If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting a 12v tyre inflator (£20-30) and a separate good quality pressure gauge.
Not sure how I would have managed this without one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck. If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting a 12v tyre inflator (£20-30) and a separate good quality pressure gauge.
Not sure how I would have managed this without one.
Fortunately I have a compressor in my workshop along with a professional connector/gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts