Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies if I've missed a thread on this, but I couldn't find one.

The new Fiat 500e has been revealed and to me it looks like a very appealing prospect. Good looks, a much better interior than the current 500 and decent specs (including a 42kWh battery).

The prices sound keen and I think it would make a great alternative to the Mini Cooper SE and Honda e.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That appears to be the price for the "loaded" first editions (which is another general trend for car launches), they seem to be targeting a £21-25k figure for the regular models (including the £3k grant).

·
Registered
27 Posts
We are looking at a car for my wife, and it was between the Mini e and the Honda e, but I think we will wait and look at the Fiat 500 e convertible, she already has a Mini convertible. Once the lower costs are revealed, then I cannot see why if you are after a small car, you would choose the more expensive, shorter range cars (Mini and Honda e)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, they seem to have pitched it pretty well. Will be interesting to see if the usual Fiat discounts are available too...

·
Registered
17,473 Posts
Yeah, they seem to have pitched it pretty well. Will be interesting to see if the usual Fiat discounts are available too...
If the US version is anything to go by, there will be. Seeing as FCA need to sell every EV they can to offset their fleet emissions on things like Jeeps and Maseratis.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,116 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 24kWh battery in the lowest model is a bit disappointing as it plays into the "too little range for the price" narrative that's surrounded cars like the Honda e and Mini Cooper SE. The 42kWh models look good though and the prices are reasonable, especially if they get the usual Fiat discounts... :)

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
Would this be the first official EV soft-top?
Smart is already available in soft top.

The 24kWh battery in the lowest model is a bit disappointing as it plays into the "too little range for the price" narrative that's surrounded cars like the Honda e and Mini Cooper SE. The 42kWh models look good though and the prices are reasonable, especially if they get the usual Fiat discounts... :)
It is a city car and the range of cheaper model is fine for commuting or short journeys. Under £20K is a good entry price point too, but quite low on spec. Like the Mini and Honda, I wouldn't expect any meaningful discount! I do expect good PCP/PCH prices though.

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
Hopefully they will offer ridiculous deals to offset all those Jeep, Maserati and Ferrari sales!

Instead of paying money to Tesla. ;)
They haven't said they will join Tesla pool for 2021 so I think you will be correct :)

I guess Jeep PHEV will help them too ;)

Reactions: cah197

·
Premium Member
11,319 Posts
They must be banking on mega electric 500 sales then.
Still 1.67x Supercredit in 2021 so selling BEVs is their best strategy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts