Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else found the lane follow assist on the soul to be worse than useless? I recently had a niro PHEV as a courtesy car for 3 weeks and covered nearly 2k miles in it. By comparison the LFA was excellent. In the soul it weaves drunkenly side to side even on the straightest of roads, occasionally randomly pulling you into the kerb or oncoming traffic, all the while complaining that your hands aren't on the steering wheel as you hold on for dear life! Anyone else found it to be bad or is it just mine? I wonder if there is a firmware update available or if a tracking issue or similar could be causing it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do you turn off LDW button (or LKA-L as Kia class it -
) in the car? The reason I ask is I turn this off as soon as I start the car (and turn on auto hold as soon as I've reversed down the drive) as a daily procedure before I get going. When I turn on cruise control I therefore don't have LDW on, but it still has LKA/Auto steer and Adaptive Cruise and I've found it really good on the motorway when I've used it. I'm sure someone else may come along and describe this better than I can, as I've only used it 4-5 times for <20 mile stretches so I'm probably the most seasoned user.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you turn off LDW button
From what I understand it shouldn't make any difference. It feels almost like there is some slop in the system for the auto steer, like it cant make small adjustments so ends up seesawing. Also the hands on warning takes a good waggle of the wheel to dismiss which wasn't the case in the niro. The car seems to steer normally when none of the aids are on

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
No problems. The car can keep a straight line and corner without any issues (under SCC). On rare occasions, very sharp corners will exceed the turning circle available to the system. It does complain about the hands on the wheel, but I personally don't find it too demanding or difficult.

Check your system settings? There are a number of options such as sensitivity and timings, that I think have been shown to cause the system to overreact.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,506 Posts
First of all, check which firmware you have. As far as I can remember with the old one you should be looking for "Driver assistance" on the dash. With the new purple firmware, the settings are available from the central console too. Should look something like this:

You can read the rest: Owner's Manual

1 - 6 of 6 Posts