Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove an M3 2021 MIC car before ordering my car, and the heated steering wheel was switched on, I couldn't see safely how to switch it off during the test drive... (concentrating on road/other drivers etc), so on return to dealer, I asked how to switch it off and the rep (I think) pressed the fan icon on the screen to go into climate settings and switched it off for me.
I've done that and don't see anything related to heated steering wheel, The manual I have on the car screen and online is V 2020.44 and it doesn't cover MIC cars with this wheel so that's no help.
Anyone who has a heated wheel able to tell me where to switch it on/off or if it's not where I've looked my car doesn't have it or it's not enabled?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
I test drove an M3 2021 MIC car before ordering my car, and the heated steering wheel was switched on, I couldn't see safely how to switch it off during the test drive... (concentrating on road/other drivers etc), so on return to dealer, I asked how to switch it off and the rep (I think) pressed the fan icon on the screen to go into climate settings and switched it off for me.
I've done that and don't see anything related to heated steering wheel, The manual I have on the car screen and online is V 2020.44 and it doesn't cover MIC cars with this wheel so that's no help.
Anyone who has a heated wheel able to tell me where to switch it on/off or if it's not where I've looked my car doesn't have it or it's not enabled?
Just had a look on ours.

You press the Fan symbol, that brings up this screen;

Press the squiggles circled in red, that brings up this screen;

Then you should see the wheel icon.

If there’s a quicker way to do it, I haven’t found it!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Possibly saying 'turn on the heated steering wheel' might work. If it likes your accent, otherwise you might end up navigating to mordor instead :p

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had a look on ours.

You press the Fan symbol, that brings up this screen;

View attachment 142879

Press the squiggles circled in red, that brings up this screen;

View attachment 142880

Then you should see the wheel icon.

If there’s a quicker way to do it, I haven’t found it!
Thanks @Tooks, a perfect description as to what to do! as soon as I get in the car tomorrow I will check this out. TBH I don’t recall seeing the “squiggles” but at least I now know exactly where to look

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly saying 'turn on the heated steering wheel' might work. If it likes your accent, otherwise you might end up navigating to mordor instead :p
Don’t relish a trip to Mordor really but if the squiggles aren’t there I feel a trip to the dealers beckoning😁😂🤒🤪

·
Registered
470 Posts
Didn't think the MIC SR+ had the heated steering wheel activated.

Only on the LR.

It's there, and maybe a software update later.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't think the MIC SR+ had the heated steering wheel activated.

Only on the LR.

It's there, and maybe a software update later.
You may well be right, all I can say is that the test car I drove had it (no idea if that was LR or SR) and I asked if the car I would order would be exactly the same and was told yes!
I found the complete lack of detailed information on specs on the Tesla web site, together with the inability ( understandable due to covid) to have a normal pre sales discussion and face to face handover on collection to be highly frustrating.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You may well be right, all I can say is that the test car I drove had it (no idea if that was LR or SR) and I asked if the car I would order would be exactly the same and was told yes!
I found the complete lack of detailed information on specs on the Tesla web site, together with the inability ( understandable due to covid) to have a normal pre sales discussion and face to face handover on collection to be highly frustrating.
On the tesla model 3 design website, If you click 'features' under the interior option you can see the interior spec.
As it happens, the LR spec seems to be missing at the mo. The performance is the same though so you could compare there I guess.
I'm not sure if its accurate though. It says the sr+ does not have heated rear seats.

here's the snippet as of today..
sr+
Interior Features
Audio and Media
Upgraded audio – immersive sound
Music and media over Bluetooth®
USB-A port in the glovebox with a 128GB portable storage device included
Comfort
12-way power adjustable heated front seats
Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
Convenience
Power folding, auto-dimming, heated side mirrors
Custom driver profiles
Center console with storage, 4 USB-C ports and wireless charging for 2 smartphones
Premium Connectivity, 30 days complimentary
Live traffic visualization
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming, allowing access to content from Netflix, Youtube, Twitch, and more
Caraoke
Music Streaming
Internet Browser
*New features that become available after delivery may be subject to additional charges.

performance
Interior Features
Audio and Media
Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
Comfort
12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
Interior floor mats
Convenience
LED fog lamps
Custom driver profiles
Center console with storage, 4 USB-C ports and wireless charging for 2 smartphones
Premium Connectivity, 1 year complimentary
Satellite-View Maps
Video Streaming, allowing access to content from Netflix, Youtube, Twitch, and more
Caraoke
Music Streaming
Internet Browser
*New features that become available after delivery may be subject to additional charges.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the tesla model 3 design website, If you click 'features' under the interior option you can see the interior spec.
As it happens, the LR spec seems to be missing at the mo. The performance is the same though so you could compare there I guess.
I'm not sure if its accurate though. It says the sr+ does not have heated rear seats.

here's the snippet as of today..
sr+
Interior Features
Audio and Media
Upgraded audio – immersive sound
Comfort
12-way power adjustable heated front seats
Convenience
Custom driver profiles
Premium Connectivity, 30 days complimentary
Satellite-View Maps
Caraoke
Music Streaming
Internet Browser

performance
Interior Features
Audio and Media
Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
Comfort
12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
Interior floor mats
Convenience
LED fog lamps
Custom driver profiles
Premium Connectivity, 1 year complimentary
Satellite-View Maps
Caraoke
Music Streaming
Internet Browser
Many thanks for you reply @RobM, like you, I don't think it's accurate either, for example, my belief is that all the 2021 cars, Freemont or MIC now have USB C ports (not USB A)
BTW! no mention in what you have (kindly) copied makes any mention of heated steering wheel on SR+ or performance.
I think it's diabolical to have all this confusion and uncertainty about what you (might or might not) get on a purchase of £40-£50k:mad:
Even more unsatisfactory when one is unable (due to covid) to have a "normal" face to face q&a with a real sales person. Grrrrr

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The SR+ does not come with a heated steering wheel. For now, it's only the MIC LR.
Thanks, can you please confirm your source for this statement?
I’m so far unable to find any evidence as to whether it’s included or not on any of the 3 model 3 options available in the UK

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's widely reported on multiple Facebook Model 3 groups and Model 3 forums.
Thanks, but with the greatest respect, I take anything on face ache with a very large pinch of salt! I was looking for something published by Tesla (the apparent lack of such information was the reason behind my comments in my previous posts.)
How is one expected to make INFORMED decisions when there is no official information available to base those decisions on🤔
Thanks again anyway👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, but with the greatest respect, I take anything on face ache with a very large pinch of salt! I was looking for something published by Tesla (the apparent lack of such information was the reason behind my comments in my previous posts.
How is one expected to make INFORMED decisions when there is no information available to base those decisions on🤔
Thanks again anyway👍
Many MIC SR+ owners have reported they don't have it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Many MIC SR+ owners have reported they don't have it.
maybe, but what have Tesla said,?is it part of the current spec or not, if so, which models have it????
There are too many conflicting opinions on social media and YouTube reviews.
I believe Tesla should be transparent about exactly what the spec is on each model ( and if it differs dependant on country of manufacture, say so)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The MIC M3 SR+ steering wheel has exactly the same manufacturing code as the LR but then it has exactly the same manufacturing code for the rear seats and they are not enabled by default on the SR+ but are on the LR. The Fremont M3 have a different code again including the 2021 model years that arrived in Dec here. I think the confusion comes from people not understanding these manufacturing option codes which can result in 2 cars seemingly both the same but are actually different if you know where to look.

Even Tesla's information is rubbish as the website proves, but I do have faith in the manufacturing codes. No SR+ owners have reliably reported having the heated steering wheel activated that I have seen. If they have, it may be a region thing.

I appreciate you want definitive answer, but nobody can give you that other than somebody in engineering (the staff in the show rooms and service centres seem to know less than some of us anoraks), but I would be fairly confident a MIC SR+ has a heated wheel fitted but Tesla will only enable it if they introduce it as a paid update in the future, just like the rear seats. It is in their interest to maintain a differential between the SR+ and LR to justify the part and full premium interiors.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The MIC M3 SR+ steering wheel has exactly the same manufacturing code as the LR but then it has exactly the same manufacturing code for the rear seats and they are not enabled by default on the SR+ but are on the LR. The Fremont M3 have a different code again including the 2021 model years that arrived in Dec here. I think the confusion comes from people not understanding these manufacturing option codes which can result in 2 cars seemingly both the same but are actually different if you know where to look.

Even Tesla's information is rubbish as the website proves, but I do have faith in the manufacturing codes. No SR+ owners have reliably reported having the heated steering wheel activated that I have seen. If they have, it may be a region thing.

I appreciate you want definitive answer, but nobody can give you that other than somebody in engineering (the staff in the show rooms and service centres seem to know less than some of us anoraks), but I would be fairly confident a MIC SR+ has a heated wheel fitted but Tesla will only enable it if they introduce it as a paid update in the future, just like the rear seats. It is in their interest to maintain a differential between the SR+ and LR to justify the part and full premium interiors.
Agree totally with all you say, in particular the fact that the information (or lack of it) on the Tesla website is rubbish!

·
Registered
27 Posts
maybe, but what have Tesla said,?is it part of the current spec or not, if so, which models have it????
There are too many conflicting opinions on social media and YouTube reviews.
I believe Tesla should be transparent about exactly what the spec is on each model ( and if it differs dependant on country of manufacture, say so)
The SR+ does not have heated rear seats or steering wheel. Only the LR
I’ve not seen anyone with a SR say they have a heated wheel either.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can buy heated seats as an in app purchase though so it has the hardware included and can be unlocked later

1 - 20 of 22 Posts