Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks a much more flexible approach - gives the owner choice rather than being pushed.

from what I can see, you can basically start with anything and add any pack to end up with a spec you really want, without nuts you don’t.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
181 Posts
It is interesting that after the initial UK Tour release with all the extras on it (apart from no glass roof, 4 not 5 seats, and no suspension upgrade), they have basically concluded that the Pro S should NOT be able to have all the fancy gear such as HUD, and exclude them to save weight instead. Certainly that's the route they've taken in Europe. So, the 2020/21 Tour like we have is potentially going to be quite an unusual model that will be hard to come by.

·
Registered
ID.3 Family
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It says that :unsure:on the 2022 model the 58kWh battery will charge at 120kW DC and the 45kWh battery at 50KW DC

·
Banned
367 Posts
It says that :unsure:on the 2022 model the 58kWh battery will charge at 120kW DC and the 45kWh battery at 50KW DC
That’s plenty and all that one needs.
The pursuit of HPC will come to an end very soon and the Germans are now starting to realise that they’ve been pushing for something that has no future simply because the chargers cost too much.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they also ditch CCS for Chaoji in a couple if years to participate in the Asian market.

In a couple of years, EV’s with unidirectional charging will be obsolete and have low residual values.

What’s the thing on the front windshield?
A glareshield?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,162 Posts
That’s plenty and all that one needs.
The pursuit of HPC will come to an end very soon and the Germans are now starting to realise that they’ve been pushing for something that has no future simply because the chargers cost too much.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they also ditch CCS for Chaoji in a couple if years to participate in the Asian market.

In a couple of years, EV’s with unidirectional charging will be obsolete and have low residual values.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
279 Posts
If they don’t have buggy software, a decent front crumple zone, disc brakes all around, and don’t look like a boys’ car outside and cheap ladies car inside, I’ll be interested.
You do realise that Nissan have abandoned Chademo for the Ariya, and that it comes CCS only? Except in one very limited market- Japan.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well, quite. He’s a charmless troll, end of.

But then I’m a bully apparently. 🤷😂
Much as I don’t like to do the crying to the mods thing, and in a weird way I sometimes find his nonsense amusing because it is so divorced from reality, I wonder if sooner or later we should all ask the mods whether they can take any action?

My worry is that if he’s going to post nonsense about the car not being safe, or the charging port becoming obsolete in a few years, we all know it is madness but could he be confusing or putting off people new to EVs who may be coming here to research it?

I mean, if he keeps it to his own crazy thread it’s one thing, but if he’s going to just pollute all our threads with this stuff, sooner or later it could become a problem. Or is it just me who thinks that? If it is, I’ll shut up… 🙂

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,162 Posts
Much as I don’t like to do the crying to the mods thing, and in a weird way I sometimes find his nonsense amusing because it is so divorced from reality, I wonder if sooner or later we should all ask the mods whether they can take any action?

My worry is that if he’s going to post nonsense about the car not being safe, or the charging port becoming obsolete in a few years, we all know it is madness but could he be confusing or putting off people new to EVs who may be coming here to research it?

I mean, if he keeps it to his own crazy thread it’s one thing, but if he’s going to just pollute all our threads with this stuff, sooner or later it could become a problem. Or is it just me who thinks that? If it is, I’ll shut up… 🙂
Given that he’s probably loving the attention, ignoring is probably the best policy, but the misogyny for me is more concerning for me than the blatant trolling.

Not liking a car is one thing, that’s just opinion, but sexism has no place in any discussion.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Given that he’s probably loving the attention, ignoring is probably the best policy, but the misogyny for me is more concerning for me than the blatant trolling.

Not liking a car is one thing, that’s just opinion, but sexism has no place in any discussion.
Yes, very true, I was remiss in not saying that also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts