Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
99 Posts
Some are already in from what I’ve heard from a friend with an electric mini. Seems to be a lot of new chargers going in around Sheffield over the last 9 months which is good to see. We even got a brand spanking new polar charger here in Penistone to complement the 6 instavolt units at fox valley.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
99 Posts
So bit of a false start. Turns out they’ve not started yet and I assumed he was charging on a new unit but they should be going into the Carver lane and Parker’s lane car parks as far as I’m aware or at least these 2 locations.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Someone is doing a crap job. I think even Rotherham has better council chargers.

rotherham has 30 council chargers. Sheffield now has one working one I think.

·
Registered
E-Niro 4
99 Posts
Yeah in Rotherham they’re all New Motion I think or mostly New Motion. As for Sheffield, we’ll just have to wait and see. At least Meadowhell is on the right track. Had a cheeky free top up there while running some errands this evening.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some building work going on at the car park near broomhill where the old broken fast charger is. Fingers crossed it's charger installation and not just a new bench or set of bins!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line
20 Posts
At least Meadowhell is on the right track. Had a cheeky free top up there while running some errands this evening.
Just a shame that the chargers at Meadowhall appear to be picky. My own Zoe ZE50 refuses to charge on them. Other Zoe owners have reported the same. Many comments on Zap-Map report problems from Mercedes drivers too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My wife is a Borough Cllr at Rotherham and I stood last election (didn’t get elected) and I’m standing in the next round of elections and we have both been very vocal about support for charging EV’s having had a leaf, Zoe and now Ioniq with a Kona joining the Ioniq later next week. So we want Rotherham to be very friendly to EV’s and thankfully we are being listened to as fellow cllrs do want to be a clean council so I have high hopes of further investment in EV facilities going forward. Should either or both of us get elected next year we will continue to be a positive voice for EV charging on the council and to be fair, even if we don’t we will continue the fight to ensure the council does continue a positive vision for EV’s going forward. The multi-story car park at wellgate has had a bunch of fast chargers already added with room available for many more as need increases. They are looking at ways to increase rapids wherever possible.
it’s actually a pleasant change to hear a council with a proactive clean air policy and to listen to EV owners requests as some I’ve spoken with are quite dire even in these days where it’s well accepted EV’s are the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts