Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just recently got a BMW 225XE but trying to find out how to switch on/off the cruise control in this car?

·
Registered
768 Posts
On all recent BMWs I believe the cruise control and/or speed limiters are controlled via the left hand steering wheel controls? Push the cruise control button, then push down on the little paddle/switch thingy to set your speed.

If its not there, check out your user manual or the tutorial videos within the iDrive system which should explain what features are installed on your model and how to use them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
as above, you will get a notification in the display between speedo and rev counter showing speed set, and a red or green marker in the speedo at the set speed. Red if the cruise control is set, but not activated, or green if the cruise is set and activated. All uk 225xe's have at lease cruise control as standard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
On all recent BMWs I believe the cruise control and/or speed limiters are controlled via the left hand steering wheel controls? Push the cruise control button, then push down on the little paddle/switch thingy to set your speed.

If its not there, check out your user manual or the tutorial videos within the iDrive system which should explain what features are installed on your model and how to use them.
yes it is on the left side control cluster on steering

as above, you will get a notification in the display between speedo and rev counter showing speed set, and a red or green marker in the speedo at the set speed. Red if the cruise control is set, but not activated, or green if the cruise is set and activated. All uk 225xe's have at lease cruise control as standard.
I am certain I have see pre-lci without cruise control but only limiter

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's optional indeed. I thought it would a standard in all the cars in this age! I've called @BMWuk and confirmed my car does not have cruise control!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it's optional indeed. I thought it would a standard in all the cars in this age! I've called @BMWuk and confirmed my car does not have cruise control!
I’ve found BMW to be happiest to make things optional that other manufacturers give as standard. I can’t believe that my car doesn’t have heated mirrors, or any way for the heat from the cabin to warm them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts