Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what is the most advantageous, driving , 100 km how the car does automatically on D drive or driving 100 km on sport + the kms he has made in the meantime so switch between sport and elec , starting with a full battery counts for both ... What is your idea about this? thanks

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
99 Posts
Using sport charges the battery faster but it uses a lot more petrol while doing it so I'm pretty sure using drive is better. I use the eco modes and save sport for when needed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, but recently a ride of 95 km (with full battery no highway ) and when the battery is empty I put myself in sport until I made 10 km battery (will be about 10 - 11 km petrol) and then I drive him back empty (battery) at 95 km I would have driven 64 km electric, just do not know how many liters I have consumption

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did the same ride of 95 km, along the same road and also with a full battery, but without using sport mode, and you know what, this time I drove 48 km electrically, so that is 16 km less than the last time . Unfortunately I can not say what I have of gasoline consumption !!

·
99 Posts
Yes, you will get more electric miles in sport mode but very bad petrol consumption.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If its like the 330e then I save sport mode for when I want some real fun and acceleration! It’s thirsty and probably not worth the electric miles put back in, but it’s definitely fun! Most of the time on the commute I’m in eco pro to maximise efficiency, and at most maybe in comfort mode if I want to accelerate a little more quickly away from traffic.

·
99 Posts
That's exactly how I drive my 225xe, the acceleration is pretty swift in Sport and it is effectively 4 wheel drive do no wheelspin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly how I drive my 225xe, the acceleration is pretty swift in Sport and it is effectively 4 wheel drive do no wheelspin.
I recently had wheelspin in sport mode, but I must add that it was on a well-worn track and only at the start of traffic lights, wheels slipped and jerks like when an ABS jumps in, I still wondered how the others with 225xe do it to get off the line quickly ....

·
99 Posts
I've not had that before it usually goes straight off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 330e which is rear wheel drive only goes off without wheel spin even flooring it in sport mode. Probably because it’s RWD only and the battery pack helps keep the tyres planted on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts