Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3 year old 225xe. It’s a lovely car but I have a repeated drivetrain error fault occur when the battery runs out of juice. BMW have had it back about 5 times; have reprogrammed it, replace high voltage cable and various exhaust manifold thingys which does not I’m my mind have anything to do with the problem. When the problem occurs the engine takes over and it refuses to charge. Engine also ‘hunts’ whilst idling. Quite often if I turn it off for 1/4 hour it’s fine. I reckon the batteries overheat but bmw say their tests show batteries are fine - but they would wouldn’t they!

Does anybody else suffer from this and does anybody have any ideas.
Thankyou.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi and welcome. I haven't had that happen on my early 2017 225, unfortunately.

Does it only happen when the battery gets to 4% (i.e. the low charge threshold which forces the ICE to start)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m experiencing something similar with my X5 40e. Once the ICE starts I can’t switch to max edrive mode regardless of the level of charge. I was also experiencing a rough idle when cold. I scanned the car and there’s a fault code for the valvetronic sensor which explains the rough idle.

I suspect the fault code is preventing me from selecting max edrive but I’m not sure.

Was the car scanned for any fault codes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts