Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my 225xe on a trip from UK to Germany today, via Eurotunnel. After a journey of almost 400 miles, I achieved 51.9 MPG, with an average speed of above 60mp/h. I started the day with a fully charged, non-conditioned battery. I recharged for about 30 mins at the Folkestone Terminal, but that's hardly worth writing home about. My normal speed on the motorway was between 65 and 75mp/h. I drove in EcoPro all the way.

Overall, this is a good consumption figure and close enough to Diesel. See attachment for details.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I took my 225xe on a trip from UK to Germany today, via Eurotunnel. After a journey of almost 400 miles, I achieved 51.9 MPG, with an average speed of above 60mp/h. I started the day with a fully charged, non-conditioned battery. I recharged for about 30 mins at the Folkestone Terminal, but that's hardly worth writing home about. My normal speed on the motorway was between 65 and 75mp/h. I drove in EcoPro all the way.

Overall, this is a good consumption figure and close enough to Diesel. See attachment for details.
That is really good and better than I expected for that sort of journey. Hopefully I will get similar . . .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes that's very good - I'm varying between 45-47mpg on long (2hr ish) journeys with a full charge to start. One thing that I'm finding annoying is I can only get the true mpg for a journey from the app - and that's just the last journey. If I stop off for a break somewhere and then carry on, it of course only shows the second leg of the trip. Best mpg to date was around 400mpg on a 16 mile trip!

·
Registered
13 Posts
How are you managing this? The real world mpg of a 225xe when I drive like miss daisy over a 150 mile range with full battery start is 45mpg at best....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve just joined this forum and recently bought 225xe, on my regular 290 mile drive to Aberdeen I manage to use and fully charge the battery three times on route by depleting the battery in max e mode then swing it over to save mode and it can recharge the battery in approx 40-50 mile of driving again. Not sure if this is the best way but returned an overall mpg of 48 and a cost of £33 in fuel.

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
71 Posts
I tend to leave the car in EcoPro and drive on Auto eDrive, I haven't gone under 50 mpg yet. I find when using the save mode the MPG drops dramatically, however it might work if you use the gain electric power in traffic when reaching Aberdeen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I tend to leave the car in EcoPro and drive on Auto eDrive, I haven't gone under 50 mpg yet. I find when using the save mode the MPG drops dramatically, however it might work if you use the gain electric power in traffic when reaching Aberdeen.
Hi
Yes will try that next time drive back from Aberdeen, keen to see what fuel economy I get doing that, I tend to stick around the 65 mph mark so will be interesting ?
Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Plus one for EcoPro mode for long trips.

If I want to charge the battery while on the move I tend to use Sport mode rather than Save. I wouldn't use either save or sport mode to charge the battery above 75% as you will reach the point of diminishing returns....

Again my car is an early 225 so I wouldn't be surprised to see differences between that and the later models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Plus one for EcoPro mode for long trips.

If I want to charge the battery while on the move I tend to use Sport mode rather than Save. I wouldn't use either save or sport mode to charge the battery above 75% as you will reach the point of diminishing returns....

Again my car is an early 225 so I wouldn't be surprised to see differences between that and the later models.
Ok
I would have thought the car would use more fuel in sport mode, will try that too I,m open to any best ways of maximising mpg, must be the Yorkshireman in me 🤓

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
71 Posts
I set my cruise control on 66mph when on motorway so similar speed. In sport mode the mpg will be chronic, however it will charge a lot faster, whether fast enough to make it worth while I would not think so. Sport is very good when you want to get away at the lights though!

·
Registered
95 Posts
To clarify, using sport as an alternative to save for charging the battery, not advocating long journey fully in sport mode as an economy trick. Eco Pro definitely the way forward for long steady speed driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If on my destination is a bit far from the highway exit, I always use save batt and eco pro on the highway part as city drives kills mpg and highway drive kills the battery..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts