Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter today about my options when the lease runs out (Totalmotion/Pink - ends summer 2020)

1. Lease something else when this runs out
2. Return 225xe and walk
3. Buy it for just under 21 grand (mine is the Sport Premium job with the pano roof)
4. Continue to lease at £239/mth

Tempted to buy it - averaging over 70mpg with a lot of 100+ mile trips.

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
70 Posts
Not sure what mileage you have done or the age of the car but before you buy check what is available on the BMW used listings. Mine is a Sport Premium, love it, I bought 5 months old with 2k on the clock for 25k. They are listing 10k cars for around 22k at the moment.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Aye noted a few around low 20s for 18 and 68 plate.

Mine will have ~12k miles and be 18 mths old at end of lease (also Sport Premium).

Think the offer was for £20,650 or so.

I recall signing more than one piece of paper stating "I am aware there is no option to buy at the end of the lease".

Even at this kind of money it's a relative bargain for an MPV PHEV that's like a GTi (well a GTE at least) off the mark.

The latest models (from ~July 19) are pretty much identical other than having an extra couple of kWh in the battery.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like a good price, and still with a good chunk of warranty left.

Mine is now out of battery warranty, and the 3 year general warranty has 4 months left. My fleet manager is having kittens at the thought of battery issues with these, and is trying to bring the replacement car forward. Where I would quite like to have it delayed into mid april or so and get the cheaper 10% BIK rate.

·
2018 Sport Premium with comfort pack
70 Posts
I just looked at the warranty details, 6 years is good but not 60k miles as I do 20k per year. I was intending considering a change at 40k though so hopefully will be ok.
CasperStorm, a good price for the mileage and you know the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts