Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any technical reason preventing the use of 22kw charger to a leaf.

I am thinking 2-3 years from now can all those second hand leafs have the potential to be upgraded.

Found this via google search. 6,600EUR for 22kw brusa would be cost prohibitive right now but prices will eventually come down.

http://www.brusa.eu/fileadmin/Diverses/Download/BRUSA_Sale.pdf

·
Banned
3,684 Posts
It's simply a charger upgrade... today I'd probably just fit three 3kW air-cooled brusa and configure them for either 16A three phase or 48A single phase which gives you ~10kW for ~£1500.

I'm probably going to run with that in my VW conversion while I wait for the universal AC/DC charger that we're developing :)

I did look seriously at the 22kW brusa but the very poor single phase performance (3kW limit) and hassle of yet another liquid cooled device took me down a different path.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin, I am watching the conversion with interest.

Also I found the mini-QC topic on mynissanleaf.com that may be a cheaper/easier option in a year or two. Although it would probably be classed as an adapter when they fit it with a type 1 socket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.