Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Kona64
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get to a 22kw post I had been meaning to test drive.
There was a Tesla on one of the 4 sockets, which by careful reading I realised was a 7kw post, and the one I wanted had no-one using its 2 ports. HeyHey. I love this advance knowledge ZapMap gives.

Car went from 54% to 72% in a whisker over an hour, the charge point app reckoned I took 11.8 kW in 1hr 4mins.
I make that 11.1kW drinking, which is very nice (and to see it was still high, not tapered, at the 72% end of the battery)
This might be another plus to swing a Not Sure potential driver.

Icing on the cake, this particular "InCharge" site is on free vend. ( Chichester Ave Des Chartres )

·
Registered
252 Posts
Managed to get to a 22kw post I had been meaning to test drive.
There was a Tesla on one of the 4 sockets, which by careful reading I realised was a 7kw post, and the one I wanted had no-one using its 2 ports. HeyHey. I love this advance knowledge ZapMap gives.

Car went from 54% to 72% in a whisker over an hour, the charge point app reckoned I took 11.8 kW in 1hr 4mins.
I make that 11.1kW drinking, which is very nice (and to see it was still high, not tapered, at the 72% end of the battery)
This might be another plus to swing a Not Sure potential driver.

Icing on the cake, this particular "InCharge" site is on free vend. ( Chichester Ave Des Chartres )
Not sure if you are aware but if intending to visit the site again be aware that Mickjm on ZapMap reported three days ago that someone tried to steal (presumably his) Charging Cable.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see that ( when I got home ) but doesn’t the Kona mag lock the cable at both ends?
I used the app to start stop the charge but I wonder if others can do it (stop) from an app on their device, and the car lets go even if the doors are locked.
But yes... thanks for the warning

Reactions: andyswarbs

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
the car lets go even if the doors are locked.
That's in auto.
You can change that behaviour with a button (on the panel right of and below the steering wheel). Non-auto keeps it locked until you unlock the car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I did see that ( when I got home ) but doesn’t the Kona mag lock the cable at both ends?
I used the app to start stop the charge but I wonder if others can do it (stop) from an app on their device, and the car lets go even if the doors are locked.
But yes... thanks for the warning
Mike beat me to it - above.

I assume that the Cable was locked and that the attempt was only discovered because damage was caused to one or both connectors.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I'm not sure adding about 45 miles of range in exchange for an hour of waiting is going to sway anyone really... The 11kW option really is to satisfy the Europeans in their apartment blocks which routinely have 3 phase electricity. It's a minor bonus if you're out and about in the UK but you might irritate Zoe drivers who need 22kW or more to rapid charge at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts