Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
State of the art 1958 and 2017
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a Nissan ad about up to £5k trade in and 24 hour test drive. So went for it! Phoned the dealer asked for a Leaf N-Connecta for the day, last Tuesday. Asked them to fully charge it and I would pick it up at 10am. Got there, did the paperwork and found the car to be half charged, 75 miles range. Wife and I had plaaned a day out in it. Brought it back home plugged in and whilst we prepared to go out got another 30 miles range. Big shame really I had been convicing my wife to go electric and she was nearly there. But, as you may have guessed, range anxiety reared it head. Instead of getting to her planned destination we had to stay closer to home, she didn't want to wait for recharging.

You almost get the impression these dealers don't want to sell electric cars. The lad who handed over to me didn't even know what charging cables were in the vehicle.

I nearly had a rant and told them they had lost a sale, but, I enjoyed the car so much, I went for a deal. Pick up a brand new stock item on Monday and am losing my last ICE car, so a good result

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Heard a Nissan ad about up to £5k trade in and 24 hour test drive. So went for it! Phoned the dealer asked for a Leaf N-Connecta for the day, last Tuesday. Asked them to fully charge it and I would pick it up at 10am. Got there, did the paperwork and found the car to be half charged, 75 miles range. Wife and I had plaaned a day out in it. Brought it back home plugged in and whilst we prepared to go out got another 30 miles range. Big shame really I had been convicing my wife to go electric and she was nearly there. But, as you may have guessed, range anxiety reared it head. Instead of getting to her planned destination we had to stay closer to home, she didn't want to wait for recharging.

You almost get the impression these dealers don't want to sell electric cars. The lad who handed over to me didn't even know what charging cables were in the vehicle.

I nearly had a rant and told them they had lost a sale, but, I enjoyed the car so much, I went for a deal. Pick up a brand new stock item on Monday and am losing my last ICE car, so a good result
Wot no rapid on your day out?

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No charging at all when out. She wanted to see what it did!

Got the new one in a couple of days so I will be checking out the rapids and getting worldly wise about the new motor:)

·
Registered
417 Posts

Was the 5K trade in a scrappage scheme?

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 2K trade in, for my 2008 Ice, which is the maximum for Leafs plus of course the £3.5 grant. My deal is 47 payments of £343 and a residual of £12k. Although they did not say as much (Scrappage) I think that was what it was. They initially said the car would be £27k to me. I said that's £2k too much. The lady went away and came back with £25K deal, so I accepted. :cool:

I did look at Carwow and the figures were much the same £25K ish but they were being vague about the trade in and discounts. I almost did a Carwow deal but the sales guy got my name wrong twice. Not much hope for this dealer!:rolleyes:

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had a big birthday and our children bought me some vouchers for an expensive hotel. Just checked with the hotel to make sure they have charging ports as this was not highlighted on their website:confused:. They replied saying they have 4 in their carpark, so all looking good:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts