Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TittersVW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only seem to be getting 24 miles full charge is it because I'm using granny charger?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
24,474 Posts
I thought this was going to be a 'hey I am getting 24 miles of range! (as opposed to the usual 15)...'.

If that includes some electric heating, I am quite impressed.

What do you expect in this weather from 7kWh?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I only seem to be getting 24 miles full charge is it because I'm using granny charger?
Go into Apollo 13 mode and then check. Regardless of charging if everything is turned off you should get up to 31miles on the 'guessometer'. Reality will be far short of this in this weather. More so when electric items are turned on, heater, fan, heated mirrors, heated seats etc.

PS if you see another grey '67 plate in Cwmbran/Llantarnum, it may be me .....

·
TittersVW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go into Apollo 13 mode and then check. Regardless of charging if everything is turned off you should get up to 31miles on the 'guessometer'. Reality will be far short of this in this weather. More so when electric items are turned on, heater, fan, heated mirrors, heated seats etc.

PS if you see another grey '67 plate in Cwmbran/Llantarnum, it may be me .....
Cool I'll look out for you Steve so what I meant is I'm only getting 24miles fully charged before I drive off when I first had it I was getting 31...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Do you have anything electronic turned on? If anything is on, say AC/Heater/Fan then you will have a lower range displayed. AC/Heater/Fan will certainly suck up 6-8miles on the range on the GOM when turned on.

·
TittersVW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok will make sure everything is switched off b4 power off car and report back after the next charge...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Also check in the Carnet app or on the car setting that charging % is not set at less than 100% if everything is turned off and still not getting 100% charge

You can set a % charge when plugged in. If you then have a departure time, the remaining % is charged before departure. This is the only other reason I can think of for not getting 30,31 or 32 miles on GOM after charging.

·
TittersVW
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok sorry for late reply yes it was because I was leaving heating/blower fan on when switching off so now I always turn it off when I power down car and I'm getting full charge again - blower/heater takes 6 miles off!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts