Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric cars strengthened the unprecedented growth of the MG brand (part of Chinese SAIC) in the UK as the company noted a 97% sales increase (year-over-year) in February to 883 (1.1% of the total market).

The surge would not be possible without the latest all-electric MG ZS EV, which was responsible for 28% of the total MG volume!

Around 247 units make ZS EV one of the top-selling plug-ins in the UK.
More here:
28% Of MG Sales In UK In February 2020 Were EVs

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,838 Posts
I can only image what will happen when they release the MG5....

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
225 Posts
It's a shame they're being distracted by the HS hybrid - I really believe that Hybrid is now a dead technology, now that battery EVs have realistic range, and the number of charging points across the developed world is rapidly increasing. As above, I think the new estate EV will be truly game changing as it'll be the first EV estate in the UK (I think - someone correct me if there's already one out there). Hopefully this will encourage SAIC to focus on electric as their unique selling point, and drive further EV adoption into the UK.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts
I'm looking forward to Q1 results in howmanyleft. ZS EV sales have been very decent based on the sheer volume of new car posts with pics on the FB group.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,370 Posts
(I think - someone correct me if there's already one out there)
Only a Tesla that had it's back end converted. It's on YouTube. But, I reckon that one doesn't count. Nice though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
BTW, regarding the percentage of MG UK sales which are EV, my dealer gave me a petrol ZS for a day while my EV was in the shop, and I HATED it! horrible cheap car with poor software and lacklustre engine. Compared with the EV it's miles apart. MG really need to focus on the EV and forget trying to push poorly differentiated petrol cars into a crowded and shrinking market....

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a shame they're being distracted by the HS hybrid - I really believe that Hybrid is now a dead technology, now that battery EVs have realistic range, and the number of charging points across the developed world is rapidly increasing. As above, I think the new estate EV will be truly game changing as it'll be the first EV estate in the UK (I think - someone correct me if there's already one out there). Hopefully this will encourage SAIC to focus on electric as their unique selling point, and drive further EV adoption into the UK.
Did you know that I think was a Dutch company converted a tesla model S into an estate and it looks gorgeous in fact you would think it was built at the Tesla factory.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BTW, regarding the percentage of MG UK sales which are EV, my dealer gave me a petrol ZS for a day while my EV was in the shop, and I HATED it! horrible cheap car with poor software and lacklustre engine. Compared with the EV it's miles apart. MG really need to focus on the EV and forget trying to push poorly differentiated petrol cars into a crowded and shrinking market....
Would I buy the ICE version, probably not. However, a friend of mine has. £11K and 7 year warranty works for him. He would like the EV, but its twice the price of the ICE he bought new.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,370 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts