Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Thanks for posting this ... great news except that the map says the charger there is offline and has been for a couple of weeks. I will try to stop and check at the weekend.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
There's already 6 Free "Fast" Chargers in Queensgate Green Car Park just up the road from the Passport Office, plus two in Park Road (also walking distance) and a few more I in the "Car Haven" which is the closest car park - about 200 yards from the passport office.

And mine, about 30 minutes walk away :)

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
:-(

Queensgate ones definitely free (and the parking is free after half five at night too) and no card required at all (you use your parking ticket to activate it - very clever) as I used one yesterday. Park Road and Car Haven might charge depending on which card you use.

Naturally no fee for mine if you are in need :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
:-(

Queensgate ones definitely free (and the parking is free after half five at night too) and no card required at all (you use your parking ticket to activate it - very clever) as I used one yesterday. Park Road and Car Haven might charge depending on which card you use.

Naturally no fee for mine if you are in need :)
That's good to hear. Unfortunately when those points were launched amid massive fanfare they all stopped working just days later. I was putting an iMiev through its paces and got stranded there!

Glad they work now and even better that it's free.

Perhaps councils would do well to consider mandating installation of points for new developments in town centres.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts