Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

my 2nd sen e-UP which has about 19k KM on it has started making a good and progressively more amount of noise on the front drivers side (left). I know that the regenerative system for braking is "new or improved" on this model and I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing noise or wear?

I have scheduled to take it in for a look, but am curious if anyone has had issues since the mechanism is newer and we'll my EV has not so much KM on it and hope that this is not a telltale sign of what is to come....

Regards,

Jon

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have nothing on a five year old e-Up, I think it sounds like a fault with the CV joint on one side or something similar. You could get that on the fossil version of the Up it's not necessarily an electric issue. I'm sure it's covered under warranty up to 3 years old (in the UK it would be anyway).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, as a follow up to my post...I took the e-UP in and they found the cause of the noise. It was the "damper cup" on the shock on the left side. Or in French "coupelle d'amortisseur". Since the car only has 20k KM on it I can only imagine it was the city use of the car or just a bad part.

Covered it under the warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts