Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Having given up on trading in for the 2018 New Leaf 2.zero as too expensive, I plan to get a second hand Leaf as a short term second car (say 8000 miles a year for commuting, with our petrol car for the longer trips especially at weekends). Then, in a few years time, we might be able to replace both with a new model EV with plenty of range.

I was looking at a battery owned Leaf Acenta, around 3 years old, under £10k. Thinking PCP (with £1000 contribution), with large deposit to pay as little interest as possible. This gives the option of keeping the car for the final payment, and no further monthly costs.

However, just chatting to a dealer, given I only intend to keep the car for three years and give it back, a flex could be cheaper (lower monthly PCP plus battery lease) - and you have some reassurance if the battery does degrade during the three years.

I would double check the numbers to make sure, but there anything ill-advised about buying a leased battery Nissan Leaf Acenta Flex in this situation?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I would double check the numbers to make sure, but there anything ill-advised about buying a leased battery Nissan Leaf Acenta Flex in this situation?
Buying one with a lease battery?
The most obvious pitfall is trying to pass it onto someone else in the future, will someone else take a lease battery on?
I know I wouldn't, I can't be bothered with that (which I why I dismissed the Zoe).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sure - but in the context of PCP, with the intent of returning the car after the 3 years are up?

(I may have found a battery owned Leaf closer to what I wanted anyway... update - I have reserved a battery owned leaf now)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have just purchased a Leaf 2 years old 7K miles, I did a trade in, and put rest on HP (not PCP) I got a 3 year interest free package with a £1000 paid by Nissan. I intend to keep the car , due to age and mileage Battery is in tip top condition at present but looking to the future if the battery does deteriate, is it possible to have a new battery fitted, I know this will be expensive but wondered if it is possible, as I intend to keep long term

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My understanding is that other than Nissan replacing a battery under warranty (which has been very rare in the UK), there is not yet any 3rd party battery replacement route. This may change, but if not, I think this will push down the second hand value of older Leafs.

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Then, in a few years time, we might be able to replace both with a new model EV with plenty of range.
Why not just have one PHEV now? Can't see how running an EV and an ICE would be cheaper?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts