Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have recently had a 7kw (for future proifing) podpoint universal charging point fitted. I thought my car would limit the charge, but I'm getting 5.4kw charging?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
The 3.3kWh is actually more like 3.6kwh. But as to 5.4kWh I wouldn't know.
Are you taking that power reading from a smart meter or something?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Typically a 24 kWh LEAF will have around 19 kWh of usable capacity, 19% of which 3.61 kWh so I expect there is nothing unusual going on if your car was a 24 kWh. I thought that all 30 kWh LEAFs had the 6.6 kW charger? Have you got a figure for your current battery capacity from LEAFSpy?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Typically a 24 kWh LEAF will have around 19 kWh of usable capacity, 19% of which 3.61 kWh so I expect there is nothing unusual going on if your car was a 24 kWh. I thought that all 30 kWh LEAFs had the 6.6 kW charger? Have you got a figure for your current battery capacity from LEAFSpy?
No Leaf30s with 6.6kW are unicorns

- Leaf 30 kWh
Sent from mobile phone so please mind the typos

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 24kW has the 6.6 option. I didn't know it until i was on the way home, it wasn't advertsised as such, it was a pleasant surprise.

Using the 7kW charger at work can see approx 40% added in an hour (i even saw 50% once).

By constrast, granny charging at home adds approx 13.5% per hour.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
My old 30 was just the lower rate charger.
Not worth the extra cost, especially on a PCP where the £1k extra was split across the term with no extra allowance on the GFV.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Set your trip computer to the estimated charge time display. Post photo here. Will look something like this:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts