Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little advice needed.

I ordered an eGolf back in early December, and despite being quoted March delivery at the time, I'm now looking at delivery in mid-May.

I need to find a car rental or 3 month lease to cover the time until that car arrives. Doesn't neccesarily need to be electric, but I'm struggling to find a 3 month deal. I've tried looking at renting a car for that long but most companies either don't allow that long a rental or they charge an enormous sum.

Does anyone know of anywhere I could look or can anyone offer advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was in this situation and just used the large rental firms. Europcar do longer rentals I believe.

In the end I used Enterprise and Avis and just hopped between them every 28 days as they had branches local to me. I used to drive down on a Saturday morning, return a car, walk 300 yards down the road, and picked another up.
Rentals under a month are also covered on my excess insurance so it was risk free. Worked out brilliantly to be honest and far cheaper than I expected.

I rented an SUV equivalent for typically £500 for the period. Normal hatchbacks were cheaper. I didn’t think that was bad considering it was unlimited mileage, insurance etc.

So perhaps don’t look for a single long rental and split the period.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hadn't even considered that as an option. And a really good option it is too. Although by the looks of it for £500 you got a great deal. Everything seems to be a lot more than that now, but I'm just starting the rental car hunt now. Thank you!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Whereabouts in the country are you? Could do an airport hire perhaps - just checked carrentals.co.uk and can get a Golf for £377 at Newcastle airport for a month.

(Remember cashback sites, often get upto 10% cashback)

·
Premium Member
11,048 Posts
I ordered an eGolf back in early December, and despite being quoted March delivery at the time, I'm now looking at delivery in mid-May.
Odd, as I was told no more RHD were being made, or perhaps they just meant no new orders?

Anyway, you could try Autohorn to see if they have anything for 3 months - we got the B250e from them a few years ago - Long & Short Term Car Leasing | Autohorn Fleet Services

I assume EVezy don't have any cars available? We used them last year while waiting for Model 3.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did consider Evezy several times, but was told it could easily by 3 months before I get a car. Although if I'd known it was going to be this long when I signed the contract I would have signed up with Evezy there and then as I'd have one by now!.

Thanks for the tip on Autohorn. Hadn't seen them before and will check them out today.

Much appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts