Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The q210 I am getting only has a normal type 2 charging cable, it does not have anything else. I live in the Netherlands and as far as I know we do not have any charge point installation grants.
So what do you guys think about always charging with a cheap 3phase 16A cable. What could go wrong?
1618422691438.png

Why use a dedicated wall mounted EVSE if this only costs 350 euros. And has the possibility of taking it with you on vacation/ visiting relatives etc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Obvious question: do you have a 3 phase socket already at home? If not, cost to get one installed would be similar to the cost of a charging point.

You don't want to charge long term using a normal (13A?) wall socket. There are lots of inefficiencies in the charging system, meaning you lose something like 20% of the energy you're paying for when charging at slow rates. Some wall sockets may also be damaged by continuous use at their max rated power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have 3 phase and sockets, it seems like 3 phase has significantly better efficiency even at lower charging current than single phase (Charger efficiency part 2 (3 phase)). At my fathers house there are 3 phase sockets too. And I agree continuous use at max power 16A could damage the standard schuko plugs. However I think CEE plugs are rated for continuous use at 16A.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,876 Posts
Why use a dedicated wall mounted EVSE if this only costs 350 euros. And has the possibility of taking it with you on vacation/ visiting relatives etc.
They’re basically the same thing, except one is portable.

No problem assuming your home wiring is rated for continuous use. But probably much better than a Shucko plug on a Zoe for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How easy is it to break the internal zoe charger? I mean what happens if the device puts 230v ac onto the control pilot cp or proximity pilot pp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts