Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
543 Posts
Ditto. I have southampton-newcastle planned....
Yep - there is plenty of redundancy all the way until Yorkshire! With Leaf range you should have little problem from Woodall (or Wetherby) to Scotch Corner (or Aston Hotel)!
If you've not done it before, you will be surprised how straightforward it is!
My advise is not to push for the 'minimum-stop strategy' - I don't think that running the car in outside the 20-90 band has any dividend. Charging takes longer at the extremes and its probably quicker overall to plan in a couple of extra stops!

· Banned
543 Posts
This is where I hear Paul's retribution coming - even before I type.
What I read in Paul's report is a self-fulling prophecy. A prophecy made many time on this forum!
I don't understand why Paul passed Bridgwater if that meant he couldn't handle an outage at Taunton Deane (range 60) - its a matter for judgement but its always better to drive defensively, especially if you are using wipers and demist? There was also a CHAdeMO at Tiverton which was equidistant from Taunton Deane - but onwards - not backwards!
With a more cautious strategy (2 stop) Exeter would have been achieved much earlier. As for JFE Nissan saving the day - well I don't understand that either. There is a Moto service area, on the M5, with a CHAdeMO, so why would you use JFE Nissan!
Driving a BEV long-haul is straightforward, but you have to plan and be decisive.
Unserviceability will happen - but it you 'hang out there' and use your range to the limit - well you will have experiences - just like those Paul has described!

· Banned
543 Posts
...Will the manufacturer of these chargers eventually get this problem sorted???
The short answer is 'NO'!
As for the long answer - well I think many of us are exhausted with the trying to get a reliable dialogue with the service providers. Ecotricity are probably best on customer service - but it can still take weeks (as Reading W) to get engineering work completed! As for the other service providers - best to say nothing, just in case the lose my membership details!
My last word - never pass a rapid charger if the next one is past your 'Point-of-No-Return'!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.