Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a few others here I am eagerly awaiting my new Leaf. When I first ordered one (in blue) I was told that it was called 'Sky blue' and was similar to 'Sonic blue'. Over the last month or so, whenever I checked the main Nissan UK website to check on the colour the following things happened:
  • No blue colour was shown as an option
  • A week ago the blue was added but was called 'Mineral blue'
  • Yesterday I checked and it is now 'Sonic blue'
I don't like gloomy interiors and so I have ordered the 'Stone' cloth interior although my dealer said that the interiors have always appeared as a beige colour. It definitely looks grey in the official 30 kWh online brochure. If there is anyone else here who has ordered a blue Leaf or the light interior trim please could they post some photos to give me an early warning of what I have ordered?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
I was disappointed they didn't bring Blue Pearl into the UK, which is available in the US for the 2016 Leaf. As far as I'm aware they still offer Sonic Blue, which is a much lighter colour

A few years back the interior was available in light grey but it's now Stone as you say which is a sort of grey-beige. Haven't been able to see one in the flesh, every single car seems to have a black interior :(

Reactions: David Harvey

·
family of 5 with BEV and no home charging access
111 Posts
Can't help here but I've always wished that the Tekna came with a light interior option

Reactions: GreyDad

·
Leaf lover
4,969 Posts
Given the way modern production lines are these days it is strange what Nissan will allow or not in the way of options.

Now that there are two battery pack sizes Nissan should simply drop the Visia model and make the Tekna the 30kWh and the Acenta the 24kWh.
Then allow customers a choice of 3 interior trims for both and whatever wheels and whatnot they desire as options.
That way awkward buggers like me could have cloth heated seats, heated steering wheel, 16” original Leaf wheels, 30 kWh pack etc.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That way awkward buggers like me could have cloth heated seats, heated steering wheel, 16” original Leaf wheels, 30 kWh pack etc.
Not sure it is the same with the Leaf but on our previous Audi A3 we had cloth seats that were heated and now have leather that are also heated - the leather ones are streets ahead in terms of performance - even on the lowest settings they are nice and toasty. It feels like heating is just more suited to leather (it could be that the heating element has been uprated of course and I maybe completely wrong ;) ).

I do agree with the substance of your post though. I plan to buy a Tekna but would prefer the 16" alloys as you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts