Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Just wondered if I can get people's opinion on my dilemma. I have a 24kw Leaf going back in a few weeks. Looking at another PCP deal based on 8k per year.
Been offered a Leaf Tekna 30kw at £500 deposit and £210 per month over 2 years.
BUT
I love the i3 as fun car to drive and been offered a 94ah i3 with loft interior for £1500 deposit and £379 but based over 4 years on same mileage.
The same part of my brain says Leaf, but after driving the i3 for a few days I loved it. It's a massive price hike though and for twice as long.
What do ya think peeps? :confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love my i3, but that is a lot of money.
How about compromising on something totally different?
People on here are reporting deals on the Ioniq at £1000 down + £330 for 3 years for 15000 miles.

·
Registered
960 Posts
is it covered under warranty for those 4 years? I've been put off the i3 reading about expensive repairs, if its covered for 4 years, you can afford it and you find it much more fun I'd be tempted. But id the last year isn't included I wouldn't entertain it.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,325 Posts
Economics matter to you? LEAF

Driving matters "more" to you? i3

Is that worth an extra £5,056.00 (2 years cost difference).
Only you can decide that......

Reactions: SmurfUK76

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,325 Posts
I think he heard you :)
Oops..... I got a server error when I posted my comment. Didn't realise it had posted it several times. I'll delete the multiple entries.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I3. Bet you can get a pch or PCP deal that's almost as good as the leaf. I was offered £330 per month, £3600 down, 24 months, 20 K miles per year. Which is really good. Only a few grand higher over a few years than the leaf and the i3 is so much nicer to drive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

P. S. That's for the 94Ah Rex, sport pack, comfort access and pro media pack in white.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts