Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
464 Posts
Hi,
I bought a 30Kwh model a couple of months ago second hand from a dealer, 14k on the clock. Haven't had any service experience yet. Range was 110 miles in the summer but was mostly local. It's currently dropped to 95ish but I'm doing a 40 mile round trip on a cruise controlled 60mph on 'B' drive twice a week. I'm using heating, Android Auto (playing loud) and lights as most of it's in the dark.
I'm waiting to see if range goes back up when the weather gets warmer and lighter, but not overly concerned as 99% of usage will be local and having just looked at a plan for 250 mile trip will probably go ICE. I'll go EV when either charging en-route is definitely more reliable or I upgrade to a car with greater range between charges. I also had a wallbox charger installed and find that verrrry handy.
HTH cheers

p.s. - mileage-wise I was inspired by a local couple who I met and discussed the Kia Soul 30Kwh experience with. They claimed they were getting 150 miles range, which is above anything claimed anywhere so I was highly dubious. Saw them last week and as much as they love the car they are trading it in for an ICE as range has dropped 110 miles and they are not impressed. Bit of a shame, but ,I believe, more realistic.

p.p.s. - I'm loving it

· Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
464 Posts
I get 158 miles of estimated range in the summer (as do other owners on here) and down to 109 in the winter.
I would suggest the couple you met were being truthful about their summer range but are somewhat "naive" not to expect a big drop in the winter.
I fully expect my car (67000 miles) to estimate 150 or thereabouts again once the temperature rises.
I'm loving mine too!
Wow!! - guess I'm being shortchanged then. Is there anyway to increase the range, like maybe driving it slightly more aggressively, allowing to discharge further before recharging etcetc?
They did tell me that the previous owner had been doing a 56 mile round trip daily, taking no notice on efficiencies or trying to get the best miles per Kwh. Whereas since they'd taken ownership it'd been tootling about on local trips around 5 miles or so - 2 or 3 times daily but no long trips

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.