Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I thought the blue flashing light signified State A. To go to State B requires the controller to be able to see the car (CP at 9v), which would require the cable connected at both ends. There shouldn’t be a difference between tethered and untethered in that respect.
When switched on, my charger flashes blue. When I plug in my untethered cable to the charger it turns solid blue. When I then connect the car, it turns solid green.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I thought the blue flashing light signified State A. To go to State B requires the controller to be able to see the car (CP at 9v), which would require the cable connected at both ends. There shouldn’t be a difference between tethered and untethered in that respect.
An unmodified tethered Rolec never goes into flashing blue mode. In the untethered version it's the connection of the cable that goes from flashing blue to solid blue, (doesn't matter if a car is connected or not) in the tethered model the cable is always connected, obviously.

I've modified my tethered unit to add a WiFi switch to the EN (enable) input of the controller, when this EN input is pulled high the blue light does flash, and this puts the unit into a standby mode where it defers charging even for a connected car.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
When switched on, my charger flashes blue. When I plug in my untethered cable to the charger it turns solid blue. When I then connect the car, it turns solid green.
I modified the firmware in my Rolec a while ago so I could control the current so I don’t remember exactly the sequence.

I thought It was
Flashing blue - State A - CP=12v - disconnected
Solid blue - State B - CP=9v - connected
Solid green - State C - CP=6v - charging
Solid red - State D or fault.

I was sure there was a difference between connected and charging.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts